What You've Just Bought!

Massive Deus Ex fan as well, so far the best in the series for me was the original 2000 release. Must've played that through like 5-6 times by now :p waiting for the latest one to drop in price though, paid around $70 for Human Revolution and regretted it :/

Bought 4 cans of mother. Drank 2 straight away. Shouldn't have stayed up so late -_-

Massive Deus Ex fan as well, so far the best in the series for me was the original 2000 release. Must've played that through like 5-6 times by now :p waiting for the latest one to drop in price though, paid around $70 for Human Revolution and regretted it :/

Really? I loved DXHR on release, though I even enjoyed Invisible War so I guess I'm just strange.

Atleast with a 4K monitor I have a legit reason for needing a Titan X and upgrading to Titan XP possibly :p

All these people buyign 1080's and Titan's running on a 1080p monitor... ugh why ? Unless you're trying to hit 120/144Hz I guess.

edit:

And I just bought some Llamas Fayre Heritage Pizza flour. This guy takes 18th and 19th century grains (no modern/GM stuff) and produces very small quantities of the kind of flour they had 100 to 300 years ago. Apparently loads more flavour, far more nutricious, but not as 'light' as modern stuff. Gunna be interesting, but his flour gets exceptional reviews so I am excited!.

Last edited:
This guy takes 18th and 19th century grains (no modern/GM stuff) and produces very small quantities of the kind of flour they had 100 to 300 years ago. Apparently loads more flavour, far more nutricious, but not as 'light' as modern stuff. Gunna be interesting, but his flour gets exceptional reviews so I am excited!.

I can see it having more/different flavour, but I can't see how it could be more nutritious at all compared to modern bread. Maybe if you were comparing it to your average ****ty white loaf, sure, but proper baked bread should be significantly better.

I can see it having more/different flavour, but I can't see how it could be more nutritious at all compared to modern bread. Maybe if you were comparing it to your average ****ty white loaf, sure, but proper baked bread should be significantly better.

Because modern wheat has a small root system that only goes 6 to 8 inches into the ground. Old wheat has a huge, deep root system that pulls up far more nutrients and a greater variety of them from deeper in the soil.

Not sure I'm sold on that explanation, seems a little like bro-science :p plenty of shallow rooted plants are packed full of nutrients, plenty of deep rooted plants are not. I also have no idea whether depth = nutrient variety or if so to what extent, especially considering modern farming techniques don't just go "oh here's some dirt that'll do". They prep it.

Have you seen this guy's channel though? https://www.youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson pretty entertaining

Not sure I'm sold on that explanation, seems a little like bro-science :p plenty of shallow rooted plants are packed full of nutrients, plenty of deep rooted plants are not. I also have no idea whether depth = nutrient variety or if so to what extent, especially considering modern farming techniques don't just go "oh here's some dirt that'll do". They prep it.

Have you seen this guy's channel though? https://www.youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson pretty entertaining

Could well be just bro science... but lets be honest, it's pizza, do I actually care about nutritional value ? no :p It's all about that taste ! :D

Got a refund on Deus Ex. I only played the tutorial mission. The game seemed okay, but there was some stuff I didn't like for my £40 worth, like the mini cutscene melee moments, some of the animation and production values in the story cutscenes seemed a bit janky, not up to those i've seen in other AAA games in he past year or so. Also didn't like the guns, they felt weightless and the sound was all weird (no bass on a 10mm pistol ?)

I will play it one day, initial impressions are a 7/10. Maybe when it's less than £20 i'll pick it up again and probably get a good amount of game time out of it. Just not up to my £40 standards :p

It's a Denuvo title, but give it a little bit of time.

Wasn't Denuvo already cracked at the beginning of this month? Remember a friend at work telling me Denuvo was cracked just recently. If not totally cracked, at least worked around.

Back
Top Bottom