What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

What kind of bike you have Jayce? I plan on getting a Specialized SX Trail II soon.

It started as a 2008 Diamondback Response Sport, but it's been pretty much overhauled since.

I took off the Hayes MX4 disc brakes and put on Avid BB7's, which are sooooooo worth the money. I upgraded all of my cabling, bought a new wheelset, new cassette, single speed chainring up front, new rear derailleur, etc. I also ripped apart the fork and re-greased it with slick honey. That fork is 100% better now. It had peanut buttery lube before.

I'm starting to get kind of ****ed off at this crankset transition I'm in the middle of, though.

<RAMBLE>

Octalink bottom brackets are available in 113 118 121 126mm spindles. Okay, fine. I have a 126mm spindle now. Chainline is 63.5 on new crank, should be between 47.5 to 50mm. So I need to drop around 13mm to be in range. No problem, let's see what 113mm spindle gets us. Oh, wait. It drops 13mm. OMG NICE! Ah, crap. 13mm OVERALL... not per side... 6.5mm per side... meaning my chain line would still be oversized @ 57-ish milimeters. To top that off, I'm pretty sure my non-drive side crank would bottom out on the 113mm bottom bracket since there's not much clearance as it is with the 126mm bottom bracket.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

</RAMBLE>

I'm ****ed:hrmph:. Went to Gamestop to get a new 360 controller to use for my PC, the guy gave me a deal on a used one, plus he gave me 5% off because there was a torn price sticker on it. Took it home and took it out of it's package, it was nasty. Besides the sticker it was all sticky, like someone ate bbq chicken and played or something. So I cleaned it up with some alcohol. Also noticed the bottoms have chips in it, along with other scratches.

Ok I can deal with that, plug it in and Windows detects it, alright. Went to play a game and the right trigger doesn't work unless you forcefully push it, very forcefully. Almost all of the X,Y,A,B buttons stick, and it constantly disconnects and connects in Windows. I knew something like this was going to happen. First time buying used hardware, never again. At least it was only $20.

Not sure what to do now, there is a series race tonight for Mx Simulator, and don't have a good controller. I have another 360 controller but that left shoulder button doesn't "click", so it can randomly engage and disengage. That's the button for the clutch too. Not sure if I can take it back?

I think I might, feel bad since the dude was nice but I didn't think it sucked so much then. Woo go for another car drive... I'll post what happens when I get back.

Exchanged it for an actual Microsoft Certified 360 controller, it works fine. I'll have to mess with the deadzones for the analogs a little but at least all of the buttons work. Feels weird compared to the other one I've been using (I hardly ever play Xbox :p).

This just came:
img0044ej.jpg

I'm wondering if I should take one of the fans of my current cooler and add it in pull configuration on this cooler as well. Hmmmmm

Actually, I've got two server fans I'll put on for the SuperPI run :D I'll post a pic up when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom