What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Ordered a BD-R drive for my PC, along with the Planet Earth boxset, Iron Man and The Matrix trilogy :) And I'll probably order the Yellowstone documentaries soon.

has it turned out to be a good purchase? I've been back n forth with the decision to buy a blu ray player for pc.

Which did you buy anyway? They are some cheap ones (like $70) on newegg..but they are OEM and I heard you have to buy like some sort of $100 software in order to play the movies with them :\

Only ordered it earlier today, but I'll post up a quick review when they arrive.

This is the drive - about $70-80 as you said. Liteon IHOS104-37 4x Internal Blu-ray Bare Drive With: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
£52 OEM, but comes with (free) software. Though I'm more likely to use AnyDVD to rip and VLC to play them :p

One BD-R to avoid apparently is Full Metal Jacket - it's just stretched DVD quality. And no extras or anything.

Currently on my "get" list (in order of wont):
Dark Knight
Kung Fu Panda
V for Vendetta

All I can remember off the top of my head. There are more. Mostly documentaries :p
Life (series of BBC documentaries)

lol i didn't pay attention to the dates, sorry

and yea i looked into it, it comes with software but you gotta update to get it to work on windows 7...i'll keep looking out for this review...this could very well be my next major purchase :D college gets very boring, would like some good HD movies to watch

Isn't college meant to keep you busy enough that you don't have time to be bored? :p

uhmmm.....yea? lololol i'm lazy ....too lazy. Plus I don't have that much stuff to do..only a weeks worth of calculus and computer science labs :D(no lie) but seriously..you have free time. Most just spend it out partying while I spend my time on the computer lol

Surely that's going to cost a small fortune. Worth it though.

You can get Planet Earth and Life as part of one boxset for a smidgeon above £50. Which isn't bad for 20+ hours of documentary, plus 5+ hours of extras, not to mention the immensely high quality of both series.
Still, at the minute I can only afford to get Planet Earth.

I got a BD/HD DVD player in my media machine. It's nice because HD DVD is just as good as BD, but they just lost the battle. Because it's a discontinued format you can pick up titles for like $3. I got Planet Earth for $16.50 from Amazon.

I have both PowerDVD 9 and Total Media Theater 3 and I highly recommend TMT over PowerDVD. TMT will also play HD DVD where PowerDVD won't. Both are about the same price.

Re: Tech-forums Official What You've just Bought thread!

That hobby definitely isn't cheap. xD Especially not once you get sucked into it...

I'm sucked into it, but nto too bad yet. FUEL is expensive for it though @ $28/gal. :wtf: Parts for the computer are typically $100+, parts for the RC truck are cheaper for basic stuff.

Parts so far:

Axles $2/ea ($12 @ 6)
Wheels + Tires on sale @ $10
Fuel Bottle @ $1 on sale
Clutch Bell gear(s) @ $12-$18 (2 so far, getting gearing dialed in)
Slipper clutch 49t gear @ $16
Shock rebuild kit w/ oil $16
Glow plugs @ $8/ea
4 Way wrench $12
Frame screws @ $2
Aluminum clutch shoes @ $32

What I want:
2.4ghz 3 ch radio @ $120
Better suspension; control arms, A Arms, knuckles and hubs @ ~$200
Aluminum adjustable shocks $120
New exhaust $ 50 - $80
Extended frame rails $ 60
Beefier axles and dog bones $?? Can't find em yet.
LED Batt indicator $35

Would LIKE a Pikko .28 Engine, but that'd be $200.

Back
Top Bottom