What You've Just Bought!

At my current payments I'm paying pretty much the same amount I'm paying in interest, but we only pay back our student loans after we're earning above a certain amount (£21k for me, £25k for more recent graduates).

^ Yeah, my payment plan was set up very similar. I was a 10-year payoff, which added like $8k to the total. Didn't want to do that :tongue:

Bought some RedWing Iron Rangers and some Darn Tough socks.

Just ordered my MiL's Christmas presents.

Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, A515-43-R19L (15.6", AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, 4GB DDR4, 128GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10
Logitech M510 Wireless Computer Mouse
Bissell 2306 CrossWave Pet Pro Wet-Dry Vacuum Cleaner

Yeah, she actually asked for the vacuum.

Just ordered my MiL's Christmas presents.
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, A515-43-R19L (15.6", AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, 4GB DDR4, 128GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10
Logitech M510 Wireless Computer Mouse
Bissell 2306 CrossWave Pet Pro Wet-Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Yeah, she actually asked for the vacuum.

Let it be that as it may, but 4GB of RAM is clearly too low today. For example, even opening a gmail inbox with that amount of RAM, if running Windows 10, takes too long. No point talking about doing something else, it all is too slow with 4GB RAM, even if it is 2666MHz.
So, the first thing to do is the minimum to add another 4GB of RAM with the same operating frequency.
Happy Christmas.

Last edited:
I picked up a new AVR= Denon X2500H on a good deal from Amazon ( $350) . WOW - all this time I was pulling my hair out because my audio sucked from gaming, to streaming music, to Xfinity/Netflicks using a 8 year old Sony AVR. I use my PC for pretty much everything when in my "man cave" and windows 10 would not recognize my 5.1 speakers on my Sony AVR. I immediately got the full options of Audio speakers configuration from windows 10 with the new Denon. Now I have to decide which sounds better- sending stereo signal from PC (windows 10) to AVR via HDMI - then letting the Denon process the audio into Dolby 5.1 or have windows do it. Its amazing how different the two sound from each other.

I just bought an Omar AC Portable Power Bank that has 24,000mAh capacity for my laptop to charge it on the go. I love it so far since I basically use my Laptop on the go all day long!

I just bought an Omars AC Portable Power Bank that has 24,000mAh capacity for my laptop to charge it on the go. I love it so far since I basically use my Laptop on the go all day long! The thing that sold me on it was the AC plug because I have the new MacBook Air with USB C adapter so instead of losing track of the USB adapters I can just plug my laptop right into the AC Adapter which is awesome.

Attachments

• 11D617C2-CCAA-4C26-B411-BF6A5D167593.jpeg
    11D617C2-CCAA-4C26-B411-BF6A5D167593.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I too finished paying off my student loan!

My current car lease goes back in April so I had to find a good deal to get my order in in-time (new cars usually take a 3 to 4 months to build). Found a base model Audi A6 for a good price so ordered one of them. I don't really like the fact it doesn't have the S-Line trim, so it looks a bit lame on the exterior. But still a good car for a great price.

I broke down and bought xmas presents that the wife is going to give me. :p

- Seagate BarraCuda 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 128MB Cache 2.5" 15mm HDD
- Couple of Phenteks SSD Brackets
- Rasberry Pi 5" LCD display screen
- Phanteks Pro M Tempered Glass, Black/White case

When I shut down for the holidays I'm gonna rebuild and upgrade the case and whatnot. But the best ideas are stolen usually... I'm gonna do something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcNJA6V4tNY

I love the idea, just not sure what software I'm gonna use... Since ASRock doesn't have anything decent; I'm gonna have to go 3rd party probably.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom