What You've Just Bought!

Didn't actually buy this but I did get a new windshield under warranty...
not-good.jpg

second-view.jpg

Safelite originally replaced my windshield back in 2011 and it did not look like that but last week I had to get a stone chip repaired and that place told me that this windshield is really bad... need to get replaced asap. Called Safelite and they came out today and replaced it. I can't believe that a windshield could do that (bow out) and neither could the guy from Safelite but they covered it under warranty.

Edit: there are some water droplets on it from the morning dew. Humidity is going to be high today. Forgot to mention that this is an 4x4 '06 Trailblazer LT edition

Last edited:
Just purchased my first higher end Headphones as I am not sleeping well lately and want to watch TV, listen to music ,etc late night. Massdrop SeenHeiser Hd58x Jubilee

https://drop.com/buy/88289

I thought about getting the better made and better rated 6XX for $60 more, but supposedly the 58X has way better base responce which I think works better in a movie.

Just purchased my first higher end Headphones as I am not sleeping well lately and want to watch TV, listen to music ,etc late night. Massdrop SeenHeiser Hd58x Jubilee

https://drop.com/buy/88289

I thought about getting the better made and better rated 6XX for $60 more, but supposedly the 58X has way better base responce which I think works better in a movie.

The problem with buying headphones is everything else automatically sounds ****. And then you spend the rest of your life buying high end audio gear.

LOl- that was another reason why I did not go higher end than the 58X. Plus I do not have a separate DAC and will just be plugin these into my Denon X3400H receiver. Otherwise- if I purchased a really high end headphone and used a DAC I would probably just isolate myself from the "garbage of the day" and watch/listen all day and do nothing. Had stem cell procedure on my blown-out knee two weeks ago so still a bit immobile. Gaming is downstairs with my PC and the stairs are painful ( they have been for 3 months now) . Headphones should arrive tomorrow.

Over 150 bucks in school supplies for kids. Sigh

What kind of supplies do parents have to fund over there ?

School funding over here has turned in to an absolute joke over the past decade. For some regions it's like living in Africa. Teachers are having to pay for basic classroom supplies out of their own pocket, schools are having to send letters to parents to ask for financial donations and **** because they can't afford necessities for kids. Some schools have even reduced their opening hours because they simply can't afford to run the traditional 8:30am til 3:30pm 5 days a week teaching regime that has been in place for the past 100 years.

In theory the only thing parents should be buying kids here is their school uniform, and their pens/pencils/calculators and ****. Everything else from notepads to the actual learning material books is supposed to be provided by the school, but that is basically not the case in a lot of areas now.

Last edited:
What kind of supplies do parents have to fund over there ?

School funding over here has turned in to an absolute joke over the past decade. For some regions it's like living in Africa. Teachers are having to pay for basic classroom supplies out of their own pocket, schools are having to send letters to parents to ask for financial donations and **** because they can't afford necessities like for kids. Some schools have even reduced their opening hours because they simply can't afford to run the traditional 8:30am til 3:30pm 5 days a week teaching regime that has been in place for the past 100 years.

In theory the only thing parents should be buying kids here is their school uniform, and their pens/pencils/calculators and ****. Everything else from notepads to the actual learning material books is supposed to be provided by the school, but that is basically not the case in a lot of areas now.
Backpacks for 2, and I got school supplies for the 6th grader. They ask for more than necessary because it's kinda the same here. Multiple composition notebooks, multiple glues, scisors, pencils, folders, etc. Then they also ask for **** like Clorox wipes, paper towels, tissues, and hand sanitizer. They hope some parents buy the amounts the ask for to make up for kids that don't bring in their own supplies.

My wife is a retired teacher and before she is retired it was normal for her to buy supplies, that has been going on for more than 15 yrs. Where have you been?

When your kid brings home a pencil and a note book, thank the teacher because they pay for that stuff out of their own pocket, The school itself pays for nothing for those supplies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom