What You've Just Bought!

GREAT mouse... My wife loves it and I've used it to game with a few times. The feel and movement is superb

Funny thing is I ordered it without really knowing anything about it. I just saw it highly reccomended for mac users, and so I ordered it.

It arrived this morning. Wow! this thing is epic. The SmartShift wheel is amazing, the side scroll wheel is amazing, and the thumb gesture blick button is amazing.

Seriously 10/10.

I hope there is a mobo to go with it? :p
Yes, the mobo was a birthday present. I was supposed to get it at work Friday as a surprise but I left early and she had to reschedule to Monday. We got into it a bit Friday night and under compulsion she splurged what she got.
Anywho, it's a Phantom Gaming X X570.

Niiiiiiice.

Yah this, what rig is this for PP, the one in your sig?

Myself as I revealed in my other post, ordered me a 15” MacBook Pro i9 with Vega 20. Gaming PC is going.

And now just ordered a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse ready for MBP, I am embracing the wireless revolution.
Yes it replaces my current rig.
I know for a fact it'll be slower than my current stuff but I'm tired of needing fans at 60% and 2 dual 80mm 360 rads to keep a 5GHz Skycrap chip cool. I'll be doing comparisons between the two before I tear it down. (Not to mention the power it sucks as my electric bills are killing me, I decommissioned my big server too as it was IDLING at 300W). The missus will get the old gear and half of her reasoning for my upgrade is she wanted my old stuff and is excited to learn how to assemble a PC. This is a far cry from her arguing how Alienware is so much better 2 years ago, pun intended.

I highly expect that in a year or less the Mac goes and you have another PC :lol::lol::lol:

I forgot to post Friday that I bought a subwoofer and the cabling to go with it for my car. I didn't think she was going to get it for me because she said she would on the 7th for my birthday but I mean $400 on a doing ok but still kinda rocky relationship on her salary? She did though. So because of that I couldn't get the 3800x instead. I'll just do the 200MHz OC and save 70 bucks.

Edit: Also what are you doing with the 2080ti?

Last edited:
Yes, the mobo was a birthday present. I was supposed to get it at work Friday as a surprise but I left early and she had to reschedule to Monday. We got into it a bit Friday night and under compulsion she splurged what she got.
Anywho, it's a Phantom Gaming X X570.

Yes it replaces my current rig.
I know for a fact it'll be slower than my current stuff but I'm tired of needing fans at 60% and 2 dual 80mm 360 rads to keep a 5GHz Skycrap chip cool. I'll be doing comparisons between the two before I tear it down. (Not to mention the power it sucks as my electric bills are killing me, I decommissioned my big server too as it was IDLING at 300W). The missus will get the old gear and half of her reasoning for my upgrade is she wanted my old stuff and is excited to learn how to assemble a PC. This is a far cry from her arguing how Alienware is so much better 2 years ago, pun intended.

I highly expect that in a year or less the Mac goes and you have another PC :lol::lol::lol:

I forgot to post Friday that I bought a subwoofer and the cabling to go with it for my car. I didn't think she was going to get it for me because she said she would on the 7th for my birthday but I mean $400 on a doing ok but still kinda rocky relationship on her salary? She did though. So because of that I couldn't get the 3800x instead. I'll just do the 200MHz OC and save 70 bucks.

Edit: Also what are you doing with the 2080ti?

I would agree with your assessment. It's an experiment. Fortunately resale values of MacBook's are good, so I can easily swap it for a good gaming rig again :lol::lol:

Selling everything in my current PC including the 2080Ti.

LG34UC99 Monitor 34" Ultrawide monitor
MacBook Pro Stand
Scarlett Solo Audio Interface
CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock
Genelec 8010A Mini Monitors

Being back at works sucks... I have to get it all scheduled for Saturday delivery as there is no-one at home mon-fri now.

It will also all arrive a good 5 days before my MBP arrives, torture. First world problems. :lol:

LG34UC99 Monitor 34" Ultrawide monitor
MacBook Pro Stand
Scarlett Solo Audio Interface
CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock
Genelec 8010A Mini Monitors

Being back at works sucks... I have to get it all scheduled for Saturday delivery as there is no-one at home mon-fri now.

It will also all arrive a good 5 days before my MBP arrives, torture. First world problems. :lol:

Psh, just get it delivered to your work.

Psh, just get it delivered to your work.

I've only been here a week so i'm not really sure what the rules are on delivering to work. I dunno if there are restrictions on it due to it being a secure site either.

I don't think i'd be super popular if I filled up reception with a bunch of big boxes as a 1 week old employee xD

After my reply in the other thread I realized I want to monitor power draw for full machine on my Intel machine before switch so I bought a swanky new kill a watt meter with new functions. Thing to note to self, don't try ordering things after waking up. I almost purchased another 3700x on accident as it was already in my cart from last Friday. Payment got declined and I was like wtf then realized my total amount was 350 bucks ooooops. That would have sucked, good thing for being broke.

Back
Top Bottom