What You've Just Bought!

I am a very old gear head from the 70's....
I had a 71' Dodge Demon 340 6pack back then, balanced, polished and ported. 456 rear end. I still have the keys and a Dodge Demon key ring
I know that today's cars are better with electronic ignition and fuel injection. But it was still a lot of fun to play with
I would rather have a 71 Demon over my 99 Mustang GT honestly.

Bought a pair of KZ ATE's, apparently they're excellent for how cheap they are. Keen to test them when they arrive!

Also bought a pullout style 2-bin thing for my kitchen to put in one of the cupboards.

Bought a pair of KZ ATE's, apparently they're excellent for how cheap they are. Keen to test them when they arrive!

Also bought a pullout style 2-bin thing for my kitchen to put in one of the cupboards.

Are they a Chinese company ?

Past few years there has been a real proliferation of Chinese companies making products 90% as good as the named brands and for a tiny fraction of the price. Bought a few Chinese branded things myself with good success :D

Now if only there was a Chinese version of Nvidia or Intel.

Picked up a few things this week!
Sofology Veyron 2.5 seater reclining sofa
BenQ 31." 4K monitor (EW3270U), finally joining the 4K productivity master race
OnePlus 7 Pro - absolutely adore this phone. My partner Abi's OnePlus One died*, so I've upgraded to give them my Galaxy S8.

*random shutdowns, battery reporting 90%, then 15%, then 45%, all in the space of a minute, SIM becoming disconnected for minutes for no reason, etc. As it's 5 years old I figured it best to just replace it.

Last edited:
Picked up a few things this week!
Sofology Veyron 2.5 seater reclining sofa
BenQ 31." 4K monitor (EW3270U), finally joining the 4K productivity master race
OnePlus 7 Pro - absolutely adore this phone. My partner Abi's OnePlus One died*, so I've upgraded to give them my Galaxy S8.

*random shutdowns, battery reporting 90%, then 15%, then 45%, all in the space of a minute, SIM becoming disconnected for minutes for no reason, etc. As it's 5 years old I figured it best to just replace it.

Noiiiice. I literally like everything you bought :D

I know you're not stupid so you won't have bought that monitor for HDR anyway, but how the effin hell can get away with advertising it as an HDR monitor. It does not meet any recognised HDR standard. It's got the color gamut, but that's it. It hits 300 nits and no more, which is some way off DisplayHDR 600 which is considered to be the lowest level of decent HDR. It should really be illegal.

Noiiiice. I literally like everything you bought :D

I know you're not stupid so you won't have bought that monitor for HDR anyway, but how the effin hell can get away with advertising it as an HDR monitor. It does not meet any recognised HDR standard. It's got the color gamut, but that's it. It hits 300 nits and no more, which is some way off DisplayHDR 600 which is considered to be the lowest level of decent HDR. It should really be illegal.

Oh, absolutely agreed. I ain't gonna be using it for HDR. I think the only reason they can is because it's a 10-bit panel that technically can take HDR signals.

Bought WoW: BfA
I get these waves of addiction for WoW. I need to raid :tongue:

Also bought a bunch of tourist-y stuff for Italy. Going to an opera in Florence, a riverboat ride thing in Venice, and of course the Colosseum in Rome.

Back
Top Bottom