What You've Just Bought!

I've been wanting a Tacoma. I'm really tempted to buy a Tacoma when I finally get rid of my Camry

EDIT: On topic, bought some new earbuds since my ones at work somehow broke sitting on my desk.

Last edited:
Maor stuff:
2TB NVME drive to simplify my desktop. No more LVM on LUKS spanning multiple drives. Also it's kind of a ghetto MBR boot system I don't like.

Moving to an encrypted EUFI boot with a single drive. I love the flexibility of Arch.

Smart thermostat with a decent API. I wrote a script that will turn the A/C down when I'm within a certain geofenced area near my place. It also takes temperature from my servers iDRAC and will adjust the A/C when i'm not home to keep the servers at a decent temperature.

It's getting hot here in Tucson :lol:

Smart thermostat with a decent API. I wrote a script that will turn the A/C down when I'm within a certain geofenced area near my place. It also takes temperature from my servers iDRAC and will adjust the A/C when i'm not home to keep the servers at a decent temperature.

It's getting hot here in Tucson :lol:
I can do that with a Nest without scripting.

I can do that with a Nest without scripting.
Your servers will adjust the thermostat without scripting?

I prefer to own my data. Nest is owned by Google. Staying clear of that... Who knows when Google will kill it :tongue:

Just place a temp sensor in the rack and have the Nest adjust based off that and other house conditions.

It's been around for 9 years, if they were to kill it they would have in 2016 when there was no market penetration. There are other ways to control it too.

Even easier, just live in the UK. It's cold enough for 6 months of the year that you'll want your heating on. It's warm enough for the other 6 months that you won't.

ezpz

My robo vacuum ended up being out of stock :mad: I had to follow up 10 days after purchase to find that out it wasn't even in stock anymore, and they were just gonna wait till it was back in stock. ALSO they didn't know when that would be, even roughly. Asswipes.

Luckily it turned into a stroke of good luck, as I found the upgraded version for $30 more from a more local/trusted retailer who's gonna express ship it for $3 :p yay Kogan

Last edited:
Even easier, just live in the UK. It's cold enough for 6 months of the year that you'll want your heating on. It's warm enough for the other 6 months that you won't.

ezpz

We do have things pretty easy here, weather and climate wise.

Back
Top Bottom