What You've Just Bought!

I recently acquired an old Toshiba netbook that had windows 7 starter but wiped tried a few linux distros but ended up settling for lubuntu due to it's low CPU and RAM usage. the computer maxes out at 2GB of ram in one stick though. I did however find a browser called slimjet which seems to use a lot less ram than normal chrome browser. It is also based on chrome

Technically never bought outright but renewed my Internet contact with TalkTalk yesterday and received the WiFi Hub today in the post.

Got a theoretical 72Mib ps line on the new contract what includes the speed boost of what would be a 38Mib ps line.

The WiFi hub is something I have been reading about online and people are supposed to be going mad over it because apparently its one of the best out their when it comes to the network range and connectivity.

I spoke to TalkTalk and they said when they sell this individually it retails at £120 :lol: but got it free with the 18 month term.

£120 for an ISP Router ,, hahaha ...

Bought a Dell Optiplex 755 & a 700W Pioneer AMP ..

Connected the AMP to the computer using phono & **** a brick when I powered it up to my two speakers under the TV .

Dell Optiplex has 4Gib of Memory DVD RW and Duel Core. Not bad really for 20 quid .

Same situation I had last time regarding data use as the family has left everything on the system including family photographs of their kids prom night from high school.

Seriously tho people, it doesn't take much does it. Come on man, we've all got a brain.

Things getting wiped when I can bothered.

Also bought x4 original energy drink bottles, cigarettes and the usual daily stuff.

No kidding! This little netbook I am working with belonged to my boss who is the director of IT and he left it completely in tact. All the passwords are saved in the browser to log into and reconfigure the networking switches at the school. Someone could have done some serious damage to the network infrastructure of this school if they got their hands on it

One of my projects at uni for a forensics module involved sourcing hard drives and seeing what sort of data we could recover. Always such a ridiculous amount

Just the usual essentials..

Food and cigarettes along with something to drink like soft drinks being the energy drinks of x3 original energy drink bottles made by euro shopper.

Gonna be skint until the end of the month so not just saying it but pay day needs to roll the **** on.

Samsung are running a cashback special on their SSDs, so I'll be picking up a 4TB 860 Evo for $800 today :D $300 off! Getting real tired of the space issues on my 250GB so this'll be a very welcome upgrade

Also bought 11.4kg of skittles on sale, 2x bottles of The Last Dab chilli sauce from Hot Ones, and 4x bottles of **** The Bed from Bunsters.
And also parts to make a second COB grow light, this'll be a 24W system for small herbs/plants as more a decoration than functional garden unit

I've also got a ****ty 1TB hdd that I wanna ditch, so the 4tb will be my one and only drive going forward. My wallet might win the final argument in store and go for the 2tb tho :p we'll see

Back
Top Bottom