What You've Just Bought!

Make sure that you aren't trying to interchange ECC memory. If a system requires it then it will not accept regular memory.

MicroMemory 2GB DDR2 400MHZ ECC/REG DIMM Module, MMG2266/2048 (DIMM Mo

MicroMemory 2GB KIT DDR2 400MHZ ECC/REG KIT OF 2 x 1GB DIMM, MMH3057/20

Whoops. Bought the wrong type. Bought server memory instead of NON-ECC ..

Also make sure the systems support the larger capacities you bought.

The systems supports it but I have bought server memory instead of regular desktop being NON-ECC ..

After the speech I gave whose sitting hear looking like a tool now with egg on their face. What an idiot I am.

EDIT: Go on boys laugh, laugh hard. I know I would. :lol: ..

Last edited:
What model system board you got? Most all AMD boards allow the use of ECC, but it has to be very specific... And yeah, regular DDR1/2 is hard to find, youll see more ECC than regular as the server market flooded things.

What model system board you got? Most all AMD boards allow the use of ECC, but it has to be very specific... And yeah, regular DDR1/2 is hard to find, youll see more ECC than regular as the server market flooded things.

When I bought it off Amazon I didn't check to see if it was ECC, I just saw the price and jumped straight on it. The price what was no more than £8 for the 2Gib module and I think the x2Gib modules at 1Gib each was £4.95 p .

Really should of checked.

When I went back to check what I had bought, I presume the seller must of changed the price because I looked at my invoice on amazon and then again looked at the price they were asking and they had upped it to £28 for the 2Gib Modules.

As for the model board, it was Intel based on two Vostro 220s. I'll have to open up the case and check the board model numbers but I did try it in another system what I know is AMD based but even that rejected it because I just couldn't get an out put and were getting memory beep codes. Its a pre-built system.

I have got two servers up and running. and one that's switched off so I'll probably just use it on them. I have one server what has 16Gib of DDR2 memory and the other only has 12Gib of DDR2 so when I can be chewed I'll put it in their.

Thing is its their working fine for the time being so I just don't want to mess around with them.

Bought an AOC 19.5 inch VGA Monitor for my 1U rack.

Bought it off Gumtree and had it delivered.

Paid £20 for the monitor and £10 for delivery because the guy was coming from another city over the water in Gateshead .

Pretty sure its a 1U .. I tell you one thing. It sounds like a Jet Engine when you boot the thing. I kid you not. Its louder than all the systems on my network put together.

Edit:

HP SE1102

Attachments

• SE1102.jpeg
    SE1102.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
WD Blue 500GB 3D Nand M2 SSD. £70.

Very nearly clicked the buy button on a 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, but reigned myself in at the last second :p It would have been nice, but I just need a bit of extra storage to keep 5 or 10 more games installed without having to revert to an HDD. I don't need a full 1TB (yet) nor the extreme performance of a 970 Pro.

Back
Top Bottom