What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Yup. Probably worth it for PP as he games a lot more than me.
Whereas I just spend the money and then sit on Reddit...

Thing is for me, I know if I just sold my PC and bought something more normal, I would be ****ed off to hell with it within about a week. Even though I don't use the power of my PC often, I like the fact that it's there and I don't need to ever ask the question, "Will this run ?". I just see something and download it, use it. Always runs smoothly. The idea of downloading a new game and it not running.. *shudders*.
I actually rarely game anymore. Just when I actually do, I don't want to be disappointed.

^ Basically why I'm not upgrading my desktop any time soon unless GTA V runs like poo.

i'm on my MBP waaaaay more these days :tongue:
This is exactly why I wanted a Mac, but also because I can use it at work too.

Seriously ?

I think it doesn't help I just leave so much **** open. Steam, iTunes, several iterations of Chrome, Outlook, Word etc are always open.
Yea seriously. I don't leave anything open really besides Chrome unless I'm not browsing.

Just ordered a screen for my laptop finally.

Laptops are a nightmare when they go wrong. I have one, and just one. I prefer desktops. You still cant beat good o'l gaming on a desktop as opposed to the Consoles as comparing the two. I've seen laptops go for two grand at a time. No way could i pay that.

Was the original screen cracked?

Laptops are a nightmare when they go wrong. I have one, and just one. I prefer desktops. You still cant beat good o'l gaming on a desktop as opposed to the Consoles as comparing the two. I've seen laptops go for two grand at a time. No way could i pay that.

Screens are easy to swap out.

I got the GF a desktop but she never used it so I gave it to my mum

See you get her one so she doesn't use it, All you have to do is get yourself a second, then she'll use it all the time LOL Funny how women work some times isn't it?

I got this laptop for free. It's a pretty decent 2010 gaming laptop with an i7 and a 460m in it. The screen was broke and the person thought it was completely gone so he gave it to me. When I got home all I did was plug a monitor into it and it was fine. Replacement screens for it went down 100+ over the past year so I figured 50 bucks was a small investment for portability. I'll be upgrading the RAM and GPU in it for Quakecon this year.

I got this laptop for free. It's a pretty decent 2010 gaming laptop with an i7 and a 460m in it. The screen was broke and the person thought it was completely gone so he gave it to me. When I got home all I did was plug a monitor into it and it was fine. Replacement screens for it went down 100+ over the past year so I figured 50 bucks was a small investment for portability. I'll be upgrading the RAM and GPU in it for Quakecon this year.

I've done that many a time with a Laptop when its been gone. I prefer Desktops just for their easy upgrade ability and interaction. How would you go about changing a GPU on a Laptop I've all ways been under the assumption they were literally soldered to the Motherboard.

I've done that many a time with a Laptop when its been gone. I prefer Desktops just for their easy upgrade ability and interaction. How would you go about changing a GPU on a Laptop I've all ways been under the assumption they were literally soldered to the Motherboard.
Gaming laptops like this and others use MXM style GPU boards. The only thing hoding anybody back is the in depth process, bios support, cooling, and power consumption. I figure if this thing can run a Fermi it can run a Maxwell. Bios support I'm taking a gamble on.

Back
Top Bottom