What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

one thing I want to figure out is do these things have 2 ram slots or just one? I can't find that info anywhere and i checked lenovo it says up to 8gb ddr3 but I don't know if thats single stick 8gb or 2x 4gb. They have 2gb ran each right now but bumping it up to 4 would b nice

one thing I want to figure out is do these things have 2 ram slots or just one? I can't find that info anywhere and i checked lenovo it says up to 8gb ddr3 but I don't know if thats single stick 8gb or 2x 4gb. They have 2gb ran each right now but bumping it up to 4 would b nice

One is under the keyboard I believe...and I think 2 or 3 on the bottom panel? I can't remember for sure.

I just unboxed the other two laptops and one is missing a power cord. Darn it. worst summer ever for shipments indeed

sony-a7-leak-2.jpg

I put the battery in, flicked the on switch. Nothing. I immediately panic (i've never had anything arrive with absolutely zero battery).

So I plug in the USB charger (you have to charge the battery while it's in the camera which blows). No charge light.. wat. Seriously, I was not happy at this point. Never had a defective unit before.

Took the battery out, checked all the cables for the charger, changed socket, did everything exactly as the manual suggested. Plugged the camera back in, and nothing. Then about 10 seconds later the most beautiful little orange charge light I have ever seen emitted some photons. Yey !

Now to check the manual for charge time... 6 ****ing hours. Howcome a huge ass battery in a Galaxy Note 3 can charge fully in about an hour or two while turned off, but this, what appears to be fairly small battery, takes 6 hours.

Anyway I gave it 40 minutes and tried turning it on. Again, it took a few seconds for any signs of life which panicked me again. But it turned on, thank **** I don't have a deffective unit. Battery was still saying flat, so I just set the date and time and thats it. I can already tell modern cameras are a totally different beast compared to my D80 back from 2006. The UI is just so clean, sharp, and it's really quick and responsive. So i'm already pretty impressed with it and all i've done is set the date.

Just bummed that by the time it's had a couple hours on charge it will be pitch black outside.

Last edited:

Mine takes AA batteries....
Does this camera have the same size space for AA batteries?

Last edited:

I've been rocking my 24" 1080p monitor as a TV for the past... 6 or 7 years. I'll get a TV at some point after I graduate.

Just paid £26 to enter a 10k run. Absolute robbery. The goody back best be good!

Back
Top Bottom