What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

The other night I went too the local ASDA and a bought a VGA cable for the TV I have and now I've got it running as part of my Multi Monitor Setup. It makes you think what you can do with a TV that has scart and is actually a TV, and this being able too set it up as part of a bigger project. Such as mabie watching free view, and or purchasing a CCTV System for it.

I know a place that has one of the 104in Panasonic TV's that just uses it to to display a vid of the company logo and occasionally a corporate vid when they have clients comming in.

It's a waste.

I'm not sure, but it wasn't in the advertising so I'm assuming 3G. 4G isn't as big a thing here yet (at least on my mum's network, 3) since we have very widespread, high-quality 3G coverage (I get a good 20Mbs via 3G, which is fine for me).

Depends where you are, when it comes to 3g. I am on 3 the 3g network and the cover it patchy in the north of the UK even in the big city's in Manchester city center I would get more HSPDA signals than 3g but in Liverpool City center I would get 3g signals and in my home I am seeing more and more I am on 4g.

I wouldn't be happy about having high humidity rates. Hot and muggy sucks.

The humidity knocks you for six, I can do a dry heat for as long as needed but the moment it's humid the sweat is pouring out of me. I am ok if there is a small breaze like when I am on the coast but if it's still I just can't stop sweating.

Depends where you are, when it comes to 3g. I am on 3 the 3g network and the cover it patchy in the north of the UK even in the big city's in Manchester city center I would get more HSPDA signals than 3g but in Liverpool City center I would get 3g signals and in my home I am seeing more and more I am on 4g.

HSDPA (and HSPA+) are 3G technologies, so I'm including those when I say 3G. Technically with my phone and network (3) I top out at about a theoretical 42Mbps on 3G, though I don't think I've seen much above 25Mbps.

Last edited:

Right OK, but one of the lesser known things about HSPDA is it favors voice over data. And at some points of the day 8am - 10 am, 11:30 - 12:30, 16:30 to 18:00 hte peak voice times your data connection will drop in quality.

HSDPA (and HSPA+) are 3G technologies, so I'm including those when I say 3G. Technically with my phone and network (3) I top out at about a theoretical 42Mbps on 3G, though I don't think I've seen much above 25Mbps.
Oddly enough HSPA+ is considered "4G" here. My **** box phone says 4G but it's not LTE, it's HSPA+.

Right OK, but one of the lesser known things about HSPDA is it favors voice over data. And at some points of the day 8am - 10 am, 11:30 - 12:30, 16:30 to 18:00 hte peak voice times your data connection will drop in quality.
And rightly so, because 3G is used for voice over data.

PP in the UK 3G is an has been marketed as the Data network only, For instance I gent unlimited phone, mobile data, texts, and 4gb tethering. For £40 a month (UK sucks for most prices) But for £15 a month you get everything but tethering, (n you can add it for £5 a month).

But the coverage is spotty doe 3G in the UK, and I am not talking about the places like Shetland or Highlands in major towns the speed sucks, and to be honest I would rather they get a basic 3g coverage before 4g is touted as much as it is.

It's a regional thing. Then again Data connections are not as important in contracts in the EU as the US even though municipal an public wifi is really hit and miss.

Well yea 3G is a data network, but voice is still prioritized over data. "4G" in itself really isn't a thing anywhere as LTE here is still like a "beta" network.

Back
Top Bottom