What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

You're usually still interacting with hardware with games to optimize performance, so I'm guessing that's why they stick with C++ as it's still close to hardware, but still an object-oriented language.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but this is just a guess.

I would like to learn how to program mircroprocessors for robotics type stuff. I assume C++ will be good for that since it is close to hardware? Not that I will ever get around to actually programming a robot. The thought is fasinating though.

I would like to learn how to program mircroprocessors for robotics type stuff. I assume C++ will be good for that since it is close to hardware? Not that I will ever get around to actually programming a robot. The thought is fasinating though.

You'd be doing lower-level, and HDL stuff in that case.

Stuff like VHDL and Verilog for circuits, and assembly-like languages (maybe C... but that's a maybe).

Also depends whether you're talking about an actual microprocessor vs microcontroller. Tbh you don't need a fancypants full blown microprocessor to get a pretty feature-rich robot going, a microcontroller will do you just fine, and THAT you definitely can use C or Micro C on

I did mean microcontroller. I kind of wish that I got into these things when I was a teenager because now that my interests are leading towards tech my actual life is not ... I won't have time to ever learn this stuff realistically unless I was to just up and change majors or something like that .

I did mean microcontroller. I kind of wish that I got into these things when I was a teenager because now that my interests are leading towards tech my actual life is not ... I won't have time to ever learn this stuff realistically unless I was to just up and change majors or something like that .

Wouldn't be the first time somebody's done something like that.

yeah but I am already 27 and I don't have the skills yet to make a full shift. Then again a major in biology does not seem to be very worthwhile and is also purely out of interest.

Back
Top Bottom