What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Yeah, I ended up getting a WASR-10/63 the other day because there is a chance that we may see another "assault weapons" ban in the near future and I'd rather spend $500 now on a WASR rather than $1000+ on a grandfathered one assuming that a Mosin wouldn't be banned and would still cost around $120 even if such a ban took effect.

On another note I really wish that I had gotten into shooting a few years ago when SKS's were in the $200 range. The lowest I've seen them is $325 for the Yugo's and Norincos with the Russians going for $450+.

That is a good point regarding a ban. Even rumor of one will cause prices to skyrocket. I would be sure to have enough 30 round mags too since those would be an even more likely target for a ban and any spares will be worth their weight in gold afterwords.

I personally don't expect to see a ban in the immediate future but guns rarely lose their value so it is probably a smart bet to make.

I noticed cheap 5.56mm is all ready selling out online due to all of the people stockpiling it in anticipation of Tuesday.

Last edited:

Well, I've got you beat on graphics at least :p I can't really justify that kind of upgrade just yet.
lol ya i didnt go to far out for graphics, wanted to keep the upgrade cost as low as possible. Graphics was the first cut i made. This 660ti is pretty dope for the money though. I am having no problem running everything i play maxed out 60+ frames. It slows me a bit in rendering, but i can deal.

borderlands 2 maxed with max physx runs 75+ frames, 100 + depending on the area. (thats in the middle of a fire fight)

lol ya i didnt go to far out for graphics, wanted to keep the upgrade cost as low as possible. Graphics was the first cut i made. This 660ti is pretty dope for the money though. I am having no problem running everything i play maxed out 60+ frames. It slows me a bit in rendering, but i can deal.

borderlands 2 maxed with max physx runs 75+ frames, 100 + depending on the area. (thats in the middle of a fire fight)

I swear something is up with my rig I drop down to the 30 and 40s in places on B2 with everything on high, though my FOV is at 110.

I played NFS Most Wanted the other day on high, again down to 37fps in places at max.

Anyone got Just Cause 2 ? If so run benchmark and let me know your result.

Last edited:

That is a good point regarding a ban. Even rumor of one will cause prices to skyrocket. I would be sure to have enough 30 round mags too since those would be an even more likely target for a ban and any spares will be worth their weight in gold afterwords.

I personally don't expect to see a ban in the immediate future but guns rarely lose their value so it is probably a smart bet to make.

I noticed cheap 5.56mm is all ready selling out online due to all of the people stockpiling it in anticipation of Tuesday.

Looks like I'll be buying some mags for my AR. I'm not sure if I should get aluminum mags or get some of the polymer ones though.

I bought some .223 at a local gun store on national buy ammo day (in protest to a police officer violating a persons privacy because he bought some ammunition) but they didn't have any steel cased 7.62x39. They had brass 7.62x39 but the cost of brass stuff is around $0.79/shot rather than $0.25/shot. I guess you can reload the brass stuff but finding the spent cases from an AK is A LOT harder than an AR.

Aren't you running 2D Surround? Then that is why. I bet if you check you are capping your VRAM.

Nope I tend to play most games on one screen. Even if I disable my other monitors and turn them off it doesn't help.

I just don't get it :(

Back
Top Bottom