What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I bought a 6 pack of PBR tall boys two tickets to the mud bogs last saturday and some chicken... HOLY **** THAT WAS A GOOD NIGHT. All thanks to a very beautiful blond that kept me full of beer until 2 am.

Does your mom know you talk like that about her online?

Does your mom know you talk like that about her online?

Zing!

Yay payday, bought a few things.

837821.jpg

Newegg.com - ASUS GTX660-DC2O-2GD5 GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

IHAS124-04_LG.JPG

Newegg.com - LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - CD / DVD Burners

And two of these:

Newegg.com - Nippon Labs Premium High Performance HDMI Cable 15 ft. HDMI TO HDMI Cable A/V Gold Plated for 1080P cable HDTV Cable PS3 Cable and Xbox 360 Cable

Bought the Elder Scrolls Collection the other day while it was on sale on Steam.

After owning a DirectCU2 card, I am not fond of them anymore.

Why's that? I got it since it was the same price as the EVGA SC I was looking at (cheapest 660s on newegg) and the ASUS outperformed the EVGA slightly in just about everything except one benchmark at a low resolution. Better power consumption, noise, temps, frames, scores, everything. Also $10 gift card. Hard to pass up.

I made sure I did some research before I went with it, I'm used to reference coolers and I've never owned an ASUS GPU before. I was sold on the EVGA before I saw this.

Because they all sag. My 580 was so bad I needed to use a pill bottle to keep it from warping. They put no support on them at all. It happens to the dual and triple slot coolers alike.

Because they all sag. My 580 was so bad I needed to use a pill bottle to keep it from warping. They put no support on them at all. It happens to the dual and triple slot coolers alike.

Sag where? I assume you don't mean at the slot, since it's screwed to the case. You talking about the cooler?

I'm talking about the heatsink pulls the board down. Part of the board sags while the slot and pci bracket part don't causing it to warp bad on the part that faces the sidepanel.

Edit: Here is a bad picture of my 580. You can see where it sagged.

20120325_190359.jpg

I'm talking about the heatsink pulls the board down. Part of the board sags while the slot and pci bracket part don't causing it to warp bad on the part that faces the sidepanel.

Edit: Here is a bad picture of my 580. You can see where it sagged.

20120325_190359.jpg

Hmm, I see what you mean. I did some research on it. There are some simple ways of compensating if it starts happening though, so I'm not too worried about it. Not to mention my case almost never gets moved or bumped at all.

My case never moved when I had the 580. Just sitting there causes the card to start sagging due to the sheer weight of the card. My 580 and my friends 670 did the same thing. Because of this, I'm never buying another DCU2 card.

Back
Top Bottom