What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I want triple monitors too! but with a 560ti.... meh :(

Yep I wanted triple monitors for about 6 years now. I always hacked together a dual monitor system with two different monitors and maybe use my old iPads as wireless screens if I was especially desperate.

But my time has finally come to have a full, proper tri-monitor setup. Having a job ftw.

I did the triple monitor thing, and I hear about so many problems with my friends 2D surround setup. I'll pass. I like my 24 for PC games and projector for consoles, movies, and TV.

Am I the only one that likes having a triple monitor setup for multitasking and not gaming...?

I did the triple monitor thing, and I hear about so many problems with my friends 2D surround setup. I'll pass. I like my 24 for PC games and projector for consoles, movies, and TV.

I played about 15 mins of 2D surround games this morning, it worked fine, but I'm not convinced I like it yet. I'm much more interested in tri monitor for desktop use, for which windows 8 deals with it very nicely.

Besides, it looks awesome having three monitors :D

Am I the only one that likes having a triple monitor setup for multitasking and not gaming...?

As above.

I played about 15 mins of 2D surround games this morning, it worked fine, but I'm not convinced I like it yet. I'm much more interested in tri monitor for desktop use, for which windows 8 deals with it very nicely.

I'm finding that sometimes even 3 monitors is a bit cramping. I do so much stuff as it is with my limited RAM, can't imagine what it'll be like when I have RAM to spare on a new build...

Last edited:

I like having 6 monitors. Unfortunately, I'm selling the Ivy build and will be limited to my G75, which will in turn limit me to 2 once again.

I only had mine for multitasking as I only had a single 580 at the time. Just needing to use the dining room table for the setup and all the cables made it a pain.

As above.
You'll run into stupid problems like he has. He has had his for about 4 months now and has tried a ton of games with it. 90% of the time he needs to use the widescreen fixer and on most FPS games that aren't natively coded for it the HUD is all kinds of messed up. I tried playing Shift on it and I couldn't get past how dumb it looked and had to quit mid race. For lulz he tried playing Halo CE on it. It was zoomed in really bad. :unconscious:

If I ever have multi-monitor again it will be 2 portrait on either side and landscape in the middle. Since I'm constantly on forums and might be a reviewer again having the portrait comes in handy.

I only had mine for multitasking as I only had a single 580 at the time. Just needing to use the dining room table for the setup and all the cables made it a pain.

You'll run into stupid problems like he has. He has had his for about 4 months now and has tried a ton of games with it. 90% of the time he needs to use the widescreen fixer and on most FPS games that aren't natively coded for it the HUD is all kinds of messed up. I tried playing Shift on it and I couldn't get past how dumb it looked and had to quit mid race. For lulz he tried playing Halo CE on it. It was zoomed in really bad. :unconscious:

If I ever have multi-monitor again it will be 2 portrait on either side and landscape in the middle. Since I'm constantly on forums and might be a reviewer again having the portrait comes in handy.

In what way did it look dumb ?

edit:

Okay im sold F1 2012 demo is AWESOME in 2d Surround

A3wg38DCUAMOcVd.jpg:large

Last edited:

Nope, that's the reason I got mine.

Normally I don't use eyefinity for gaming but when I do I have never had any problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom