What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Oh yeah you can ofcourse do it. My point was your FPS would be much higher if you turned it off. Physics is always going to be expensive, unfortunately.

I wasn't! But I always preferred hardware upgrades over monitor upgrades especially prior to my 680 when I was more concerned about not being able to run things at full res well.

Talking about my 680 I think it's due an upgrade soon... Drops to 30fps on borderlands 2 with extreme physx.

I have everything maxed with my 560ti and it runs fine.

Oh yeah you can ofcourse do it. My point was your FPS would be much higher if you turned it off. Physics is always going to be expensive, unfortunately.

Doesn't grant me much FPS at all, same for Metro2033 which I turn off AA and PhysX to try to get me over the 40fps mark when I don't have a badass card lol.
Mirror's Edge didn't lag me either, or Mafia 2.

Maybe it's just me then. I'll tell you what does kill performance, nvidia surround over three screens. :eek: I received some more cash today so picked up my 3rd monitor. Thought I was going to get it with next months wages but turns out I didn't have to wait more than a day after getting my first two.

Have always wanted matching triple monitors.

Maybe it's just me then. I'll tell you what does kill performance, nvidia surround over three screens. :eek: I received some more cash today so picked up my 3rd monitor. Thought I was going to get it with next months wages but turns out I didn't have to wait more than a day after getting my first two.

Have always wanted matching triple monitors.

I want triple monitors too! but with a 560ti.... meh :(

Personally I'd be happy with a 27" 1600p for video and games, with my current monitor flipped 90 degrees for actual work.

Back
Top Bottom