What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Nice to finally move up to 1080p like the rest of the world. God knows why I stuck with one single 1680x1050 screen for so long.
+1. I can't believe you were happy with 1680x1050.

How so? Probably still won't be good enough for me to not use UltraMon mind, but I'm curious.

Multi monitor taskbar, panoramic pics across all your monitors instead of having it duplicated on each monitor like win7, and several more features.

Enhancing Windows 8 for multiple monitors - Building Windows 8 - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

I would be happy with 1680x1050 with my GPU right now.

Why what's happened ?

+1. I can't believe you were happy with 1680x1050.

I wasn't! But I always preferred hardware upgrades over monitor upgrades especially prior to my 680 when I was more concerned about not being able to run things at full res well.

Talking about my 680 I think it's due an upgrade soon... Drops to 30fps on borderlands 2 with extreme physx.

Talking about my 680 I think it's due an upgrade soon... Drops to 30fps on borderlands 2 with extreme physx.

I think that's more that Borderlands 2 needs some optimisation updates :p

Nah, physx would take down quad sli 690's if the devs used it too much.

Multi monitor taskbar, panoramic pics across all your monitors instead of having it duplicated on each monitor like win7, and several more features.

Enhancing Windows 8 for multiple monitors - Building Windows 8 - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Why what's happened ?
Currently using a 5850 and I have a thing for using large amounts of AA which isn't happening.

I think that's more that Borderlands 2 needs some optimisation updates :p
This. PhysX had a hard time on older GPUs due to poor coding but these days modern implementations of PhysX doesn't even budge the 400 series.

Currently using a 5850 and I have a thing for using large amounts of AA which isn't happening.

This. PhysX had a hard time on older GPUs due to poor coding but these days modern implementations of PhysX doesn't even budge the 400 series.

What you mean doesn't budge the 400 series ? Games like Arkham City, Borderlands 2 have massive performance degredation when PhysX is turned on using just one gpu.

I ran Arkham City on a single 465 OCed which is relative to 480 performance maxed at 1920x1080 with PhysX on. I haven't played (nor plan on) Borderlands 2 but wouldn't matter since I have AMD currently anyways (gay).

Back
Top Bottom