What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Beer.

:OhGodWhy:

I've never liked beer. I think the only time I tolerated it was when I was a freshman in high school, and it was corona with a lime. Still wasn't that great. When I did drink, I was a liquor guy.

That being said, I've always wanted to at least be able to tolerate a beer/lager/ale/something (I'm getting deja vu as I write this, pretty sure I've said this somewhere around here before...). Like I really wanted to like Sam Adams because it's not as bad as other regular beers and stuff, but even then I couldn't find one I liked. I just want to be able to go to a bar and have a beer with my friends like a normal person.

Oh wait. What friends.

:ForeverAlone:

Haha, I was just getting ready to post you can only wear that with a bow tie, because they're cool.

She got the bow tie too. And this shirt:

ec8a_bow_ties.jpg

Beer.

:OhGodWhy:

I've never liked beer. I think the only time I tolerated it was when I was a freshman in high school, and it was corona with a lime. Still wasn't that great. When I did drink, I was a liquor guy.

That being said, I've always wanted to at least be able to tolerate a beer/lager/ale/something (I'm getting deja vu as I write this, pretty sure I've said this somewhere around here before...). Like I really wanted to like Sam Adams because it's not as bad as other regular beers and stuff, but even then I couldn't find one I liked. I just want to be able to go to a bar and have a beer with my friends like a normal person.

Oh wait. What friends.

:ForeverAlone:

Lol I'm the same way... I can't stand beer / ale / etc. Just all tastes too bad to me. I can't get used to the taste.

I'm a mixed drink guy; usually is rum (rum + cherry coke = delicious). So if I ever go downtown with friends, I'll be the one ordering rum & cokes all night and I'll be fine up until I drink something else lol. Never get bad hangovers from rum either - about the worst I get is not being hungry for half the day. Not even a "not hungry cuz I'm sick" just a not hungry for food in general lol.

I've never liked beer

Didn't see that one coming *coughhipstercough*
:YouMad:

Really, just gotta get out and try some more types! You're bound to find something you like.
Personally, I don't like stouts at all. Too bitter and full for my tastes. A nice pilsner or ale now, THAT I can gel with. But even then, I'll of course be able to find pilsners I don't like, ales that are meh, etc. Beer is extremely diverse, pretty much you're bound to find something that you'll enjoy.

What Sam Adams did you kinda like in particular? Lets see if we can find something suitable to your palate haha

Really, just gotta get out and try some more types! You're bound to find something you like.
Personally, I don't like stouts at all. Too bitter and full for my tastes. A nice pilsner or ale now, THAT I can gel with. But even then, I'll of course be able to find pilsners I don't like, ales that are meh, etc. Beer is extremely diverse, pretty much you're bound to find something that you'll enjoy.

What Sam Adams did you kinda like in particular? Lets see if we can find something suitable to your palate haha
I'm not really a stout kind of person either but the "burnt" taste kind of grew on me with Guinness. I need to find me a nice ale to drink.
Mariah got this berry beer. It was pretty tasty too.

Hardy har har.

I can't even remember now...it was a while ago. I just don't drink anymore for the most part, so if I ever go to a bar, it's soda for me. I won't order mix drinks anymore, they make me sick...so I figure an ale or something may not be too bad since the alcohol content is so low.

I drink pretty heavily without issue, problem is there are very few drinks I actually like. The only one I've found I really like is the expensive aniseed one.

dont get me wrong, im enjoying it, I liked the spaceship one the best. the first episode was a bit cheesy when the daleks were like 'doctor who' and kept repeatin it.
It was a great episode, especially the new girl, Oswin, seems a perfect fit for the actress (and is a great character). But yeah, the Daleks were rather too... Dalek-ey

Back
Top Bottom