What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Well, I don't really plan on doing anything fancy with a smart phone, just light web-browsing, probably some PLEX once in awhile when on the LAN. Just general stuff really. I have no need for modded stuff.

Honestly, the only reason I want a "smart" phone is for the touch screen, potential for video while at home on my LAN, and the internet while out working on a friends car when I need to look something up.

Is that Lightning to USB adapter thing that's mandatory in the UK available here in the US? Because I have tons of USB cables from my three previous Android devices I'd like to have a use for :tongue:

Yep, they won't be going stateside. Which is why i'm charging $75 for anyone that wants one :grin:

:FuuThat:

Apple's iPhone 5 will arrive with a free Lightning to 30-pin adapter (update: Apple officially says no it won't) - Engadget

Engadget said:
Update 3: Well, we've just received word from Apple confirming that the iPhone 5 will not ship with a 30-pin to Lightning adapter, which is a bit of a bummer. But, it does come with a Lightning to USB adapter, so if your current accessories have a USB port, all hope is not lost. Sadly, the specific iPod out functionality found in BMWs and Minis is not supported. The full comment is below.

Apple said:
The Lightning to 30-pin adapter does not come in the box with iPhone 5. It is sold separately. However, the Lightning to USB cable does come with iPhone 5 for connection to AC chargers and other devices... The Lightning to 30 Pin adapter supports analog audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging. Lightning to VGA and Lightning to HDMI cables will be available in the coming months.

You talking about the iPhone 5 conversion kit? I saw something about that, seemed interesting but I couldn't be bothered since I have a bumper case already.
Nope, just a back for my 4.
Dropped it in the kitchen from just under 1m height a while back. Front screen was completely totalled, back has two long curvy cracks. Fixed the front pretty soon after, but left the back until now (because it's started getting worse).

Lol I dropped my GS2 on concrete from waste height and there is only a minor scratch on the side of it from impact. I don't use a case.

Lol I dropped my GS2 on concrete from waste height and there is only a minor scratch on the side of it from impact. I don't use a case.

The iPhone 4 has an all glass back that kinda sucked, what does the GS2 have on it?

Lucky you I guess, haha.

Next stress test: do this to a GS2!

:Deskflip:
I dropped my GS1 several times on concrete and there is only one little scuff on the silver on the bezel. The back of it is only slightly thicker than what the GS2 has. They are just well built phones. My Blackberry Storm fell onto the concrete for the first time as I was getting out of my friends Impreza and it shattered to pieces. That was the distance from my waist sitting in a car to barely standing up and it fell. Total piece of junk lol. I have done that twice with my GS2 onto gravel (not so hard, but harder than grass) and nothing. It's also been pretty baby proof too. I let Ezio put it in his mouth constantly while it's on and he has banged it on to the carpet and still going strong.

Back
Top Bottom