What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

US based? That's a pure dilusion, most all our cars are made in mexico, and canada, most all the parts come from japan, and mexico.

GM, the computers, all components are from japan, fuel system is from mexico, wiring system is from mexico.

Ford, most all is from, guess where, MEXICO!!!!

The seats for the "Big 3" are all manufactured mostly by Trim Masters, which has mostly left the states, and sent all work to, guess where! MEXICO!

Think I am telling a little lie? Think again, my family has been involved with companies that manufacture most the parts for the last 30 years for these companies, sure, they used to be 100% american, but now they are most always outside of the country.

Also, newer diesel cars are fine in the winter, and if it's cold enough to keep a car from starting, you should have a block heater or warmer installed.
Actually most of the things GM gets is from China. Mariah used to work chassis at a factory, and my uncle is now the manager of a trucking company that ships to that same factory.

Wait till you play with the chevy volt, or even the typical Grand AM, seats Mexico, entire computer systems, aside from the ones that Hitachi manufactured before closing doors due to volt failing epically, was all made in china. GM likes electronic components from china, for the most part, they love mexico. I may not have worked in the factory it self where the full thing is put together, but I have worked in enough warehouses to know EXACTLY where the parts come from. BTW, the fuel rail cables for a Nissan don't say Mexico after Hitachi removes the labels and replaces them, they did the same crap with most all parts for all cars at plants that made the actual part.

What is really fun is when you are working at a plant, and you have to be screened for radiation, as are every single one of the pallets being unloaded from a truck because all the smallest crap comes from Japan for the computers. But, as I said one time around here before, most all plants in this area shut down in the last 15 years, only one for the auto industry is still around, and they are firing people left and right.

Last edited:

Well I don't know exactly what parts the trucks ship to GM, but I'm going to guess the majority of them or all of them. He says it's all imported from China. Mariah said every piece she put together while working there was from China too. She only worked chassis though.

Chassis is probably china, as steel is cheap there, and is actually low quality. But things like seats and electrical, Hitach and Trim Masters have some really long contracts. TMI has a 150 year long contract for seat components for GM/Ford. LMFAO.

Chances are though, they (TMI/Trimmasters) went under after moving the factories here to mexico, because when they did that, they had to build a campus for the workers to live on, and supply workers with everything from basic needs such as clean water and food, to transportation. They picked a bad time to do that as it was only just a few years before the economy tanked.

Last edited:

I didn't go through with it, but damn, to be fair to EA this is a very nice deal.

fWFq

Could be wrong here, but he may be talking about US companies in the way of supporting the factory workers.

Toyota/Honda/Hyndai/Nissan/Subaru all have factories in the US. In fact a couple of years ago one of the car magazines did a test of midsize cars and the only two not built in the US were the GM and Ford ones.

Toyota/Honda/Hyndai/Nissan/Subaru all have factories in the US. In fact a couple of years ago one of the car magazines did a test of midsize cars and the only two not built in the US were the GM and Ford ones.

Like I said, could be wrong. ;) I'm really not surprised.

Chassis is probably china, as steel is cheap there, and is actually low quality. But things like seats and electrical, Hitach and Trim Masters have some really long contracts. TMI has a 150 year long contract for seat components for GM/Ford. LMFAO.

Chances are though, they (TMI/Trimmasters) went under after moving the factories here to mexico, because when they did that, they had to build a campus for the workers to live on, and supply workers with everything from basic needs such as clean water and food, to transportation. They picked a bad time to do that as it was only just a few years before the economy tanked.
Yea course, don't forget though, I'm only talking about the DFW plant where they only build SUVs.

Bought some diesel ;)

Also, I'm looking for a new external HDD. As big as possible without having it's own damn cooling system. Suggestions?

Oh, and by they way, we already had a cold morning here and my Touareg was outside. Started up just fine. I have a block heater, but I didn't have to use it.

Back
Top Bottom