What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Well if you want to go this route, EMG and Seymour make full kits that are a rip out and direct replacement for Strats. Personally if you play more of rock or metal I would drop some Hot Rails in there. More than likely I will be turning mine into a hummer in the bridge and a Stevie Ray in the neck.

Nice combo, and I'll look into those kits. I don't really do metal, though I sometimes get into a heavier rock sound. I guess I range from alternative to progressive rock? Can't really nail down a style most days.

I had been eying some Seymours, hadn't really looked at EMGs, I'll give them a look.

What I'm really excited about is the paint job we're planning on it. Gonna be some crazy space nebula stuff. Gotta find a pick guard that compliments it though, they have some nice pearloid looking ones, still kinda looking around.

EDIT: After doing some more looking, I found some pretty nice (albeit expensive) pickups:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Lace-Sensor-Hot-Gold-with-Hot-Bridge-3-Pack-104792312-i1167964.gc

Haven't done a whole lot of snooping around, but what I have read about them has been all good so far. Thoughts?

Nice combo, and I'll look into those kits. I don't really do metal, though I sometimes get into a heavier rock sound. I guess I range from alternative to progressive rock? Can't really nail down a style most days.

I had been eying some Seymours, hadn't really looked at EMGs, I'll give them a look.

What I'm really excited about is the paint job we're planning on it. Gonna be some crazy space nebula stuff. Gotta find a pick guard that compliments it though, they have some nice pearloid looking ones, still kinda looking around.

EDIT: After doing some more looking, I found some pretty nice (albeit expensive) pickups:

Lace Sensor Hot Gold with Hot Bridge 3-Pack | GuitarCenter

Haven't done a whole lot of snooping around, but what I have read about them has been all good so far. Thoughts?
Hot Rails aren't really meant for heavy, because they are simply double stacked in a single slot. Humbuckers are simply aimed more for a crunchy tone as opposed to singles, but hell even Pink Floyd uses Hot Rails if that tells you anything.

I've never heard of that brand, and TBH that is a cheap price for 3 pickups. Since they claim no noise with single rail setup I would be weary.

Hot Rails aren't really meant for heavy, because they are simply double stacked in a single slot. Humbuckers are simply aimed more for a crunchy tone as opposed to singles, but hell even Pink Floyd uses Hot Rails if that tells you anything.

I've never heard of that brand, and TBH that is a cheap price for 3 pickups. Since they claim no noise with single rail setup I would be weary.

Fair enough, I just happened across them in some Strat upgrade threads. I would want to hear what they sounded like in person myself before I got them...the EMGs I've seen so far have been pretty nice too, not much more expensive than that Lace kit.

On a related note, I really want to make a custom pickguard out of Bismuth. I need to figure that out.

Have the DVD but I love it soo much that I wanted to get the blu-ray.
View attachment 5392

Little doo dad that supposedly makes a really good cup of coffee. I rarely drink coffee but I got a bunch of good coffee beans from friends and family that have been sitting in the cupboard.
View attachment 5393

Attachments

• 29117_large.jpg
    29117_large.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 38
  • aeropress_coffee.jpg
    aeropress_coffee.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 38

Little doo dad that supposedly makes a really good cup of coffee. I rarely drink coffee but I got a bunch of good coffee beans from friends and family that have been sitting in the cupboard.
View attachment 5393

We call that filter coffee over here. It's been around for like, 40 years at the very least :p

id love to take another vacation alone with adam for ever. im so sick of everything.

Have the DVD but I love it soo much that I wanted to get the blu-ray.
View attachment 5392

View attachment 5393
Old coffee typically doesn't taste that great. If you buy a large tin of coffee you can literally taste the difference each week as it gets older.

We have these things over here called Keurig's... They're so much better ;)
I have this thing called a regular coffee pot. I drink whole pots at a time which would get costly if I had a Keurig.

Everyone in the house (3 of us) each grab a large travel mug before we head out in the morning. All three put together, and the cup we grab when we wake up combine to equal about a pot of coffee. I only spend about $100 a month in coffee, and that gets me a good variety of roasts/flavors too. Something you can't do with a regular coffee pot ;)

Back
Top Bottom