What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

So I don't think I've mentioned the new phone I got a couple of weeks ago. HTC One XL <3. Dual core, LTE and a fantastic camera. Check out the shot on this link: http://nitestick.net/images/phone/IMAG0035.jpg

Nice. I have a Galaxy II ordered. While I would love a heavy hitter like that I just can't afford it right now.

HTC phones always have amazing cameras. My Incredible did, and so does my Rezound as well.

Nice. I have a Galaxy II ordered. While I would love a heavy hitter like that I just can't afford it right now.

It just so happened to work out perfectly for me, I was able to cut my old contract short and move to a new one with this included for perhaps $1-2 more than I was already spending per month; the included value on the contract is also greater than the previous one.

HTC phones always have amazing cameras. My Incredible did, and so does my Rezound as well.

Expect that trend to slow down and even get worse as manufacturers get obsessed with thin phones, thinner than the camera modules.. which means you have to get a crappier camera in their. Just like with proper cameras, it's size is a good indication of it's approximate capabilities.

They are also getting obsessed with larger aperatures all the time which is good for low light, I understand that. But they are already down to F2.2, which is the limit of being sharp on lenses costing 2x as much as an entire smartphone.

Expect that trend to slow down and even get worse as manufacturers get obsessed with thin phones, thinner than the camera modules.. which means you have to get a crappier camera in their. Just like with proper cameras, it's size is a good indication of it's approximate capabilities.

They are also getting obsessed with larger aperatures all the time which is good for low light, I understand that. But they are already down to F2.2, which is the limit of being sharp on lenses costing 2x as much as an entire smartphone.

HTC hasn't had many "razor thin" phones (unlike Motorola), so they've been keeping up with quality so far. It's not manufacturers that get obsessed with thin phones... it's the people buying the phones. They want to appeal to as many people as possible, and most people like thin phones.

I don't like extremely thin phones as I feel I'm going to break them just texting.

Same. Just feels flimsy sometimes. I like the thickness of my Rezound.. not super thin, but still thick enough to hold comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom