What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Surely you would find out what kind of MPG and power the car had.. even if you had no interest ?

Surely you would find out what kind of MPG and power the car had.. even if you had no interest ?

Lol, you're amusing. MPG is one thing, but power? That's not the most important thing when buying a car...more important is reliability and features to someone who has "no interest" in cars.

EDIT: Prime example, I've had my new car for almost a year, and I just now looked up what kind of "power" it has. Inline 4 cylinder with 128hp @ 6k RPM.

I hadn't really looked up the horsepower of my car either until recently when I was curious. Had mine for over a year as well.
2004 Monte Carlo LS
3.4L V6, 180 hp @ 5200 RPM.

I was more worried about what I was getting for MPG (25-30 highway, depending on the wind). Although I did want a V6 still, lol. My previous Lumina even had a 3.1L V6, so I still wanted some "get-up-and-go" for passing and such easily.

Lol, you're amusing. MPG is one thing, but power? That's not the most important thing when buying a car...more important is reliability and features to someone who has "no interest" in cars.

EDIT: Prime example, I've had my new car for almost a year, and I just now looked up what kind of "power" it has. Inline 4 cylinder with 128hp @ 6k RPM.

I hadn't really looked up the horsepower of my car either until recently when I was curious. Had mine for over a year as well.
2004 Monte Carlo LS
3.4L V6, 180 hp @ 5200 RPM.

I was more worried about what I was getting for MPG (25-30 highway, depending on the wind). Although I did want a V6 still, lol. My previous Lumina even had a 3.1L V6, so I still wanted some "get-up-and-go" for passing and such easily.

That is because you are in america where low powered cars are basicly non existent. You might care a bit more if the car you want ranges from 55hp to 300hp. The slower cars take nearly 15 seconds to 60mph and are not even suitable for highway driving.

Though I am interested in cars so i'd research it to death before I bought one..

That is because you are in america where low powered cars are basicly non existent. You might care a bit more if the car you want ranges from 55hp to 300hp. The slower cars take nearly 15 seconds to 60mph and are not even suitable for highway driving.
Both hikari and I listed cars that are within that range lol. His was 128, and mine's 180. Both lower than 300 ;).

Though I am interested in cars so i'd research it to death before I bought one..

I'm a bit interested in cars as well, but not as much as some people (i.e. my dad as he's a mechanic). I knew what car I wanted because I knew they were good quality cars that got good mileage. You don't have to worry about mileage over there as much sometimes since everything is closer together. Me on the other hand, I'm ~3.5 hours away (about 250 miles) from home at college. So visiting home needs to be worth it for me. And that's in the same state.

Both hikari and I listed cars that are within that range lol. His was 128, and mine's 180. Both lower than 300 ;).

I'm a bit interested in cars as well, but not as much as some people (i.e. my dad as he's a mechanic). I knew what car I wanted because I knew they were good quality cars that got good mileage. You don't have to worry about mileage over there as much sometimes since everything is closer together. Me on the other hand, I'm ~3.5 hours away (about 250 miles) from home at college. So visiting home needs to be worth it for me. And that's in the same state.

300 is very high for here, next to noone has a 300hp car. That was just the range of the typical engine size you can get in most car here.

Under 80 I wold consider as low and slow.

Cool, get 5 and make a knuckle duster.

Six-Bladed-Knuckle-Duster.jpg

Remind to never, ever, **** u off on a very bad day with those on your hands. @_@

300 is very high for here, next to noone has a 300hp car. That was just the range of the typical engine size you can get in most car here.

Under 80 I wold consider as low and slow.
300 is kind of high here too. It may be America but with all the gas prices shooting back up I know most everybody wants some sort of i4 engine to save on fuel. My V6 with a tune up probably only does about 192HP.

300 is kind of high here too. It may be America but with all the gas prices shooting back up I know most everybody wants some sort of i4 engine to save on fuel. My V6 with a tune up probably only does about 192HP.

Ah, fair enough. Mine does 75hp.. well it did when it was new 10 years ago, probably not anymore. Though it only weighs 1050Kg.
That gas price thing has always been true here for at least my life time, the most fuel efficient models of normal cars always sell best, even if they are diesel.

Back
Top Bottom