What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Thief Gold in the Steam sale. I love stealth games, but for some reason I've avoided buying it in every sale there's been since 2008 or so. Only £4, I'll see how I like it before I buy moar.

So I just made my last giant purchase for a while. Yay adding on to my personal expense loan and only upping my biweekly payments by 10 bucks mwahaha.

View attachment 5322
Line 6 Spider IV HD150 150W and 4x12 Guitar Half Stack | Musician's Friend

View attachment 5324
Line 6 FBV Shortboard MKII Guitar Footswitch | Musician's Friend

View attachment 5323
Takamine G Dreadnought EG345C 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar | Musician's Friend

Home Recording Studio Stuff:
M-Audio AV 30 Compact Monitor Speakers | Musician's Friend
Auralex MudGuard Microphone Isolator (4 Pack) | Musician's Friend
Musician's Gear Tripod Mic Stand w/Fixed Boom Black 2-Pack | Musician's Friend

Cables:
Monster Cable DJ Cable Dual RCA to 1/4" 2 Meters | Musician's Friend
2x Monster Cable S-100 1/4" Straight Instrument Cable 21 Foot | Musician's Friend
2x Musician's Gear 16-Gauge Speaker Cable Black 3 Feet | Musician's Friend
2x Monster Cable S-100 XLR Microphone Cable 20 Foot | Musician's Friend

Misc Accessories:
Gator GWE-Dread-12 Hardshell 12-String Dreadnought Guitar Case | Musician's Friend
Planet Waves PW-GR-01 Guitar Rest | Musician's Friend
Dunlop formula 65 Guitar Tech Kit | Musician's Friend
3x Dean Markley 2554 Blue Steel Custom Light Electric Guitar Strings | Musician's Friend
3x Dean Markley 2033 TLT Blue Steel Cryogenic Acoustic Guitar Strings | Musician's Friend
3x Martin M1700 Marquis 12-String 80/20 Bronze Light Acoustic Guitar Strings | Musician's Friend

So this is me taking a big dive and investing in my music, so maybe now I'll be more motivated to DO something with my life instead of working and sleeping all the time. Was able to get 40 bucks off the whole order, and price match the guitar, knocked 105 bucks off it. Wee.

Attachments

• DV016_Jpg_Large_502594_R.jpg
    DV016_Jpg_Large_502594_R.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DV016_Jpg_Large_583220.180_gloss_natural_V.jpg
    DV016_Jpg_Large_583220.180_gloss_natural_V.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DV016_Jpg_Large_620214_top.jpg
    DV016_Jpg_Large_620214_top.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 34

OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console by OUYA — Kickstarter

the $99 package with an extra $30 for a second controller and $20 for shipping.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 in the Steam sale and Terraria. And I was hoping Witcher 2 would go on a bigger sale on that 8 hour vote thing but unfortunately not :( still might pick it up, 40% off.

Also bought some clothes. Some Chinos and a onesie.

EDIT: just bought Witcher 2.

agreed, while I dont know a great deal about cables i was under the impression that a cheap cable does pretty much exactly the same as an expensive one. i have always bought really cheap cables whether they are hdmi or optical and they always worked well for me.

Then again those monster cables do look good, about the only pro i can think of. Buying those cables is like buying beats by dre to me, look good but can get cheaper that are equal in term of quality.

Oh dear @ Monster Cables.

You got royally ripped my friend. The only cables that make a slight difference on sound are ones with a lot of current going through them such as high powered speakers. A good brand might make a little difference. Interconnects or low powered headphone/mic cables ain't gunna make bugger all difference. And if there is one it will be imperceptibley small and not worth paying for. And even if they did, Monster Cable is the last brand you should of chose :p

I should add that there is a point in good shielded low and high powered cables if you are suffering from interference.

Monster cables? Really?

My thoughts exactly.

agreed, while I dont know a great deal about cables i was under the impression that a cheap cable does pretty much exactly the same as an expensive one. i have always bought really cheap cables whether they are hdmi or optical and they always worked well for me.

Then again those monster cables do look good, about the only pro i can think of. Buying those cables is like buying beats by dre to me, look good but can get cheaper that are equal in term of quality.

Oh dear @ Monster Cables.

You got royally ripped my friend. The only cables that make a slight difference on sound are ones with a lot of current going through them such as high powered speakers. A good brand might make a little difference. Interconnects or low powered headphone/mic cables ain't gunna make bugger all difference. And if there is one it will be imperceptibley small and not worth paying for. And even if they did, Monster Cable is the last brand you should of chose :p

I should add that there is a point in good shielded low and high powered cables if you are suffering from interference.

:you-dont-say:

Hey guys, guess what. I'm not a moron. Most of those cables were on sale and had the type of connectors I preferred. Also, if you actually looked at any of them, the lengths I got costs less than the shorter lengths of crappy cables with crappy connectors.

The mic cables are literally $3.27 more per cable than the Musician's Friend cables I bought last time, and I prefer the way the connectors are put together in the monster cables. They had a massive price drop on them.

The instrument cables have the type of connectors I like (most of the cheaper ones don't) and the only one I would have considered would have been MF's brand, which would be 20 feet for 15 bucks...but I still don't like the type of connector.

As for the 1/4" to RCA, the only other brand that had dual inputs and outputs was AV Link, which has really crappy looking connectors AND costs 9 cents more for a half foot shorter cable.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I am not a moron, and I know good cables and good prices when I see them. I'm not going to buy some cheap cables with crappy connectors that break way too easily, nor am I one of those idiots that spend 70 dollars on an HDMI cable.

:Haters:

NO. NEVER. Monster Cables are a con and by buying them you are helping the company. That company needs to burn to the ground now.

Okay so I would of done the same in your situation if i'm being honest :p But I try to avoid them where possible.

Back
Top Bottom