What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I was giving my recommendation but too lazy to quote. I will be buying a V4 soon though, probably some time midmonth.

I'm just an idiot, had this thread open in two tabs, one with tj's question being the latest post. Didn't even realise the one with your answer was in the same thread.

Bought an iPad dock for my little brother, and got in on KFC bringing the Double back!

I have I think 4 V3's, they're all going strong for what it's worth. One in an external case, one in my rig, one in my laptop. Not sure where that last one is atm, think a mate borrowed it and never gave it back XD point is they've taken a variety of different beatings

When I updated the 3's to 2.06 I was getting BSOD's like you wouldn't believe. I had two Vertex 2's arrive DOA. Trying to avoid OCZ at this point.
Both of those, not really OCZs fault. DOA luck of the draw, and you were the one to update ;)

I would say if you really don't want another OCZ then get a Corsair.

My Vertex 2 has been fantastic, was planning on getting a new OCZ next time I upgrade/build a new machine.

I haven't bought anything yet, but I just made a huge investment in my "music career"...details to follow in the near future.

My Vertex 2 is still working fine. I havnt benched it or anything recently, but i've noticed no problems either.

When I updated the 3's to 2.06 I was getting BSOD's like you wouldn't believe. I had two Vertex 2's arrive DOA. Trying to avoid OCZ at this point.

That's pretty typical of OCZ, after all the do have the highest failure rate in the SSD market.

Intel, Samsung, and Crucial are the only way to go if you want quality, at current prices the Samsung 830 and Crucial M4 are the best buys. I'd just get whichever of those two is cheaper.

I've owned several OCZs but I'll never buy another one.

Both of those, not really OCZs fault. DOA luck of the draw, and you were the one to update ;)

I would say if you really don't want another OCZ then get a Corsair.

DOA's are absolutely OCZ's fault.

Hmm, so I guess Asus is a complete turd company because every Asus board I have ever gotten (a total of 12) has been DOA (straight from Asus, no middle man). Mmmmm oh wait, they are at the top of the list of motherboards sold, like OCZ is at the top of the list of SSDs sold. Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom