What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Moving from n to ac should be to wireless what moving from 100mbps to 1gbps was for wired connections. Not *quite* that extreme, but close to XD so excite! And I figure the client side of things will be out soon enough, probably around the same time they start selling the routers.

I wouldn't get that excited about 802.11AC, might as well pick up some cheap N hardware. Your environment will make a large difference to wireless performance and I'd say first gen hardware won't get you remotely near the spec.

I wouldn't get that excited about 802.11AC, might as well pick up some cheap N hardware. Your environment will make a large difference to wireless performance and I'd say first gen hardware won't get you remotely near the spec.

Yeah, decided I can't afford to wait, picking up something next week.
But eh? First gen or not, it still has to conform to the specification in order to be listed as AC. If it doesn't, it's not 802.11AC and therefore false advertising.

If it says Draft 802.11AC, then it can change so much over one year, that device A wont work with device B if purchased at different times. The biggest issues with Draft standards is the fact manufactures will make slight changes to get people to buy all of the same product line in the end. Draft products will always be useless to me, will I buy them? Sure, but only if they are cheap, and I don't plan on using the features that are still in planning.

don't get wireless standards till they're final.

and I'm getting an SSD drive soon!!!!!! got 80 bucks saved towards one allready!!!! getting it in 2 weeks!!!!

Looking most towards a Crucial M4 becuase a lot of webhosts are liking those and webhosting is wearwolfs and vampires. Plus the prices are decent and they use more enterprise chipsets.

Webhosting applications are more demanding and uptime is the utmost importance specially with DB stuff so if they're impressed than that means a lot.

That router looks pretty good. and Yey for having DDWRT support. Lots of people like that router.... I'm a bit interested myself...

Back
Top Bottom