What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I bought a Vivotek IP8332 outdoor suveillance camera. However, I don't have it in my possession yet because, according to UPS tracking info, it was delivered Monday morning to somebody on the property - however nobody was home at that time, so I have no idea who accepted it. Ironically, I bought the camera (despite it being a nicer area) to keep an eye out since I do IT work on the side and I want to be aware of when packages come. Go figure the first package I have an issue with is a damn camera.

I've had similar problems with bad couriers and lazy postal workers where they've just forged a signature, once actually hiding a parcel after forging a signature for registered post we found the package 2 weeks later.

I bought a Vivotek IP8332 outdoor suveillance camera. However, I don't have it in my possession yet because, according to UPS tracking info, it was delivered Monday morning to somebody on the property - however nobody was home at that time, so I have no idea who accepted it. Ironically, I bought the camera (despite it being a nicer area) to keep an eye out since I do IT work on the side and I want to be aware of when packages come. Go figure the first package I have an issue with is a damn camera.

Yea I had that issue with our old place. Was so afraid somebody would see a box in our mail and steal it since the stupid post man doesn't ever close the mailbox door.

so what happens if the parcels never get to you? Like say the post man took it or someone took it from your box thing? Would they just be like 'too bad we delivered it'?

Over here we don't have a mail box so they (usually) have to hand it to the person at the door and get a signature. If the package is small they may hide it (if there is a good spot) and post a note through the door saying where it is and the delivery time, or they post a not through the door saying your par els been left with a neighbour.

If they don't decide to leave it you have to go and pick it up from the office.

so what happens if the parcels never get to you? Like say the post man took it or someone took it from your box thing? Would they just be like 'too bad we delivered it'?

Over here we don't have a mail box so they (usually) have to hand it to the person at the door and get a signature. If the package is small they may hide it (if there is a good spot) and post a note through the door saying where it is and the delivery time, or they post a not through the door saying your par els been left with a neighbour.

If they don't decide to leave it you have to go and pick it up from the office.
Pretty much. ALL post people over here are pretty lazy whether it be USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, ect. Delivery Conf is just basically a thing online saying it made it to the house in question. I haven't had to sign for anything in YEARS which is sad. I pay extra for confirmation to make sure the person that deserves the package gets it. Instead they just mark it as delivered and "nobody was home". I have seen that so many times when they just drive up, dump the box, drive off, didn't even knock on the door or honk.

Pretty much. ALL post people over here are pretty lazy whether it be USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, ect. Delivery Conf is just basically a thing online saying it made it to the house in question. I haven't had to sign for anything in YEARS which is sad. I pay extra for confirmation to make sure the person that deserves the package gets it. Instead they just mark it as delivered and "nobody was home". I have seen that so many times when they just drive up, dump the box, drive off, didn't even knock on the door or honk.

wow, thats pretty bad.

I'd be so ****ed off if that happened to me, especially for something expensive.

wow, thats pretty bad.

I'd be so ****ed off if that happened to me, especially for something expensive.
1200 dollar phase unit. That wet part is where all the leaked out freon soaked into the box out of the plastic wrap they put around the unit itself after they broke the input valve from dropping it.

photorx.jpg

photo222.jpg

photo22gr.jpg

photo5xf.jpg

photo4pz.jpg

Yeah that's definitely got 'I'mma sue your ass' written all over it.

That ****ing sucks PP. So what happened?
When I walked in I told them exactly how to pack it, they assured me it would be fine, and then a week later my friend is calling me and sending pics of what happened. I told them specifically to double wrap the unit, then wrap the end piece and then wrap over that so nothing could move. All they did was stick it in a box of packing peanuts, no wrap, and I think somebody dropped or kicked it.
The condenser inside moved and smashed the freon input port against the output and snapped the copper off causing freon to spray everywhere. It still works if the input port would be welded back and and then filled.
It took me a month and a half to get the damn insurance money and it was completely their fault.

Back
Top Bottom