What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Problem with real car forums is there full of **** and dumb people. General sweeping statement :)
Taking my car for new brake pads tommorow...

Problem with real car forums is there full of **** and dumb people. General sweeping statement :)
Taking my car for new brake pads tommorow...

Pretty much. Most of the time a dedicated car forum is the worst place to try and have a decent conversation about cars.

Makes sense. Maybe with that logic a car forum is the best place to hold a decent tech conversation ?

He was talking about our automotive sub-forum guys. We have one. Thing is, every convo starts because of something someone bought or did to their vehicle and it goes from there. Not exactly worth a whole different thread for unless somebody moved the whole convo but then people would forget.

The other night I bought a ton of lovely RainX stuff that needed to be restocked.

Well I could not decide for the life of me between a GTX 680 and new monitor (or monitors..). At the same time I realised if the new iPads retina display really is that good then I do want one. But there is no way to try it properly apart from buying it and trying it out. So that is what I have done. I've ordered me a new iPad, just the base model. If it's good and I decide it's better than a 680 or monitor I will keep it. If it's no good I will send it back and get my money back, and maybe by then I will of decided on 680 or Monitor.

d1KQ

Really 50/50 about this. Screen is gunna have to be real good for me to keep it, otherwise it is just the iPad 2 which was a dissapointing device.

On the plus hand, after ebay tax's (£103 worth :very_angry: ) my sales came to £569 :D Money left over ftw.

Haha. Fortunately for me, I don't care if fellow members approve of my purchase.

Though I am ****ed off. They took the money from my account, and I paid a premium for next day delivery. Yet I check my order status and find it has been flagged down for a security check which will delay my order by 48 to 72 hours. So I wasted £11 on next day delivery. And if they are that concerned about security, don't take my damn money.

I actually had 2 hills yesterday. Didn't have any troubles and didn't need the brake. I think my brake disengages if you put the car into gear.

I took the car out onto some hills today, and in Pittsburgh traffic. Needless to say, it wasn't the easiest thing, but the stick is growing on me (twss). :D

It's so nice to finally hear you say that. :')

More so in relative terms as an upgrade to the original iPad, than in absolute terms. I liked it generally, but there was no feature which was good enough to keep me using it. I'm hoping a retina display on the new iPad will do just that. If not, new PC upgrade for me.

I took the car out onto some hills today, and in Pittsburgh traffic. Needless to say, it wasn't the easiest thing, but the stick is growing on me (twss). :D

Lol'd. It makes you feel like a man when you get it nailed :D Also, it feels more engaging than an automatic. Auto cars are fully capable of accelerating very quickly, but they usually don't have the feeling of being smashed into the back of your seat when you put your foot down - especially if you are already revving high for that particular gear. My car is supposed to be driven normally in 2nd gear up to 20 mph. But there is a road round here, which has a long gentle bend into a long straight, if i take that corner at 25/30mph in 2nd, and then slam my foot down at the end of the bend, it feels awesome. Even with my crappy 1.4L engine, it feels really quick taking it from 30 to 40 in 2nd gear nearly hitting the red line. As to how healthy that is for the car, not very, but it's fun anyway :p

Back
Top Bottom