What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Oh yeah, well I wasn't actually being sarcastic, so the sarcasm's on you!

Lol I was intentionally being confusing (or was I?)

Can anybooodyyy, fiiind meeeeeee, sooomebooody too-ooo-ooo-ooo loove!

You crazy kids lol
I got the 550 because it was offered to me for $120 (80GBP), can't say no to that!
Bought a LED hydroponics light, new tech always interests me. 3W chipsets x 80, 240w total.

Hydroponics? Hmmm... methinks Sir S0UL may be going to cultivate a crop best kept out of the public eye... >_>

Well I hope he's bought some special LEDs because normal ones for indoors growing do not produce a favourable crop at all of that certain substance.

I think its legal down there. I once herd that a certain amount of any substance was legal and even obtainable through government facilities? Tell me if I am wrong.

Haha, I don't know what you're talking about but a friend told me the LEDs I chose are manufactured by Cree, with bands specifically chosen to maximise photosynthetic intake (concentrating on the 630-640nm and 420nm wavelengths, with a bias towards 630nm). :p Also the LEDs vary between 60 and 120 degree output to maximise foliage penetration. Great for the final stages of growing my tomatoes!

And no overlord, it's illegal down here. Used to be not so bad, but they recently tightened laws because more and more people were using MDMA. Makes sense hey! Toughen penalties on tomatoes because people are eating too many apples. facepalm.

Oh, worth noting a lot of people grow hydroponically down here, because the weather outside is too harsh for less hardy plants to survive. When you get a few 38-40c days in a row, most vegetable plants tend to wither and die. Instead buy a solar panel or two, stick it on your shed roof and start your garden inside. You can easily get enough power during the summer to run a few lights/pumps, and after summer has passed you can start moving stuff outside.
There's not quite enough sunlight during winter to run the lights long enough to grow inside, but again it's hardly an expensive undertaking (even a 240w light running 18/7 would only end up using 4.3kWh)

I think its legal down there. I once herd that a certain amount of any substance was legal and even obtainable through government facilities? Tell me if I am wrong.

Are we talking about the same thing ? I'm talking about Marijuana. Cannabis. Weed. Whatever you want too call it, but i'd be amazed if growing it was legal in Australia. I am almost certain it isn't. Though i'm not sure about medicinal use.. though I still doubt you could grow it yourself.

Considering a single plant can produce $2500 of the stuff that would be kinda crazy to let them.

Haha, I don't know what you're talking about but a friend told me the LEDs I chose are manufactured by Cree, with bands specifically chosen to maximise photosynthetic intake (concentrating on the 630-640nm and 420nm wavelengths, with a bias towards 630nm). :p Also the LEDs vary between 60 and 120 degree output to maximise foliage penetration. Great for the final stages of growing my tomatoes!

And no overlord, it's illegal down here. Used to be not so bad, but they recently tightened laws because more and more people were using MDMA. Makes sense hey! Toughen penalties on tomatoes because people are eating too many apples. facepalm.

Oh, worth noting a lot of people grow hydroponically down here, because the weather outside is too harsh for less hardy plants to survive. When you get a few 38-40c days in a row, most vegetable plants tend to wither and die. Instead buy a solar panel or two, stick it on your shed roof and start your garden inside. You can easily get enough power during the summer to run a few lights/pumps, and after summer has passed you can start moving stuff outside

Those lights sound like some decent stuff actually. Just what they like ! tomatoes that is :grin:

Until I see pics of those tomatoes I will question what you have really bought them for ;)

Are we talking about the same thing ? I'm talking about Marijuana. Cannabis. Weed. Whatever you want too call it, but i'd be amazed if growing it was legal in Australia. I am almost certain it isn't. Though i'm not sure about medicinal use.. though I still doubt you could grow it yourself.

Considering a single plant can produce $2500 of the stuff that would be kinda crazy to let them.

Those lights sound like some decent stuff actually. Just what they like ! tomatoes that is :grin:

Until I see pics of those tomatoes I will question what you have really bought them for ;)
Must be a huge plant to produce 2500 in one crop.

Back
Top Bottom