What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I swear if I won a few hundred million, ATLEAST five would go back to TF, then split a good 20-30 with the top members here, have enough to pay my mothers bills and house off for the rest of her life, and get me a NEW car... Or a viper... Not sure why, but I love Dodge Vipers...

I take it yall don't have water aquifers?

Yeah, but they still require runoff. Most of Australia is desert so for instance we have a pipeline running from Perth to Kalgoorlie (a town that sprung up in the desert during our gold rush days) which is over 500km built in the 1890s/1900s.
pipe%20joint.JPG

The engineer behind it miscalculated the travel time of the water and ended up killing himself between the completion of the project and when the first water flowed out the other end.

How far would you need to drill to have a personal well? City water is almost unheard of here in Texas unless you are around a metro area. Usually everything is run off a well.

Pretty much.

edit: Perth is in the bottom left. We get basically all our rain during 2-3 months of the year
rain.jpg

Sucks to be you.

Our gov always says "We don't have enough water" every summer and enforces a hosepipe ban so people arn't allowed to just **** water away. But they are just being dramatic. No where in the UK has ever physically ran totally dry to the point where water isn't coming out the tap..

We have fairly high minimum falls but our max falls arn't as high as australias.

The amount of time it spends raining sucks though:
pd2071046.jpg

As you can see it is also raining at the very least every 1 in 2 days..

Can't run out, but it does end up going places that people can't easily get it. Everyone gets water from either underground, or huge ass lakes. I know a LOT of lakes here in KY actually ran DRY, but they have before, so pipelines was installed to pull water from other locations in such an event, it just means we can't do jack, heck if it was bad enough, they can actually say we can only shower once a week. XD

They seriously need to figure out a way to use sea water. The idea of showering or using water from my parents old well is bad enough, but drinking water from any lake in this area *shutters*.

I will be donating many thousands to all the cool TF members on here

ahh man :(

I have immensely thick and quite long hair, a water-saving shower head would be tortuous for me. Would take like half an hour clean my hair :p

I can imagine, i always think mine is a hassle to clean, yours is what. 2-3 times longer?

And same, doesn't make me stay up. Though I think Lucozade does.

same here, energy drinks will keep me up (obviously) but coke etc. not so much

The amount of time it spends raining sucks though:
pd2071046.jpg

As you can see it is also raining at the very least every 1 in 2 days..

At least i am down south where it only rains half the year :)

Back on topic, i bought some malted milk biscuits which i had for breakfast for some strange reason + a bag of tooty frooties.

Back
Top Bottom