What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Really ? I've never had a single comment about my phone. Even when I have it on launch day... no one bats an eyelid.

Yeah I think phones aren't seen as eye-catching over here really.

Most people I run into ask about the newer android phones, cause it's hard to find like actual reviews of people using it for more then 2 days to review it on a site. Real world experience with the phone is always something to take into account like the nexus and the razr maxx are both massive and I asked my boss (who has the nexus) if it was too big and he said that it was right on the cusp. I mean the iPhone, nobody cares about that cause they're a dime a dozen around here.

I think it depends on the culture you're around, most people here will start a conversation about shoes, shirts, hats and cars. Laptops, watches **** like that nobody really cares about cause it's whatever. Also I think watches are less of a thing in the US for a few reasons. People like utility, and lots of utility rolled into one, and people don't mind spending money on something that has a bunch of features ( EVEN IF MOST OF THEM THEY NEVER USE! ) and also something that looks good is expected, not necessarily sought after. Lets face it, most people in the US don't buy ugly things even if they're brilliant. Look at Apple's market most of the stuff has been done previously but it was clunky and difficult and apple turned around, packaged and presented it nicely and it sold like hot cakes. Watches, look nice, which is an expectation, but they serve a singular purpose for most people, to tell time, which is easily done by thousands of devices we use in our daily lives. Also it's not an 'essential' piece of wardrobe. You've gotta wear shoes, might as well make them look nice and flashy, shirts, jackets, pants etc, all are necessary and so it's easy to spend money on those. It's hard to justify spending a couple hundred bucks on a small accessory like a watch that a lot of people won't notice unless you're in that particular crowd.

And kman, I don't think i've ever met a girl who would notice the difference between a casio calculator watch and a rolex other then the rolex is shiny.

Probably because 95% of people our age have a BlackBerry/iPhone/Android phone. So no one cares.

+1 I know im younger but everyone I know except one or two have an iPhone or a blackberry (well 2 or 3 blackberry's, they seem to break an awful lot). In fact, im willing to bet my PC that at least 80% of my whole school (1500 people) have an iPhone or blackberry.

+1 I know im younger but everyone I know except one or two have an iPhone or a blackberry (well 2 or 3 blackberry's, they seem to break an awful lot). In fact, im willing to bet my PC that at least 80% of my whole school (1500 people) have an iPhone or blackberry.

To be honest I only said android to keep people on here happy... I don't have a single friend with an Android phone. I think they are way more popular in the US.

Most folks I know have android but then most folks I meet regularly are at least 'very geeky' (and hackery), and a student.

Really ? I've never had a single comment about my phone. Even when I have it on launch day... no one bats an eyelid.
Probably because you have an iPhone and nobody really cares about them. I whip out my Galaxy S2 and people are like dude nice phone. If I had an iPhone I wouldn't get the same reaction.

And actually, you'd be surprised that most people over here have iPhones too. Android's are becoming more "common" but it isn't every day you see somebody with a nicer Android phone like mine. Now if you hang around a place that would you are excluded, I'm talking about general public like Target, Walmart, the mall, ect. I actually see a ton of people still with flip phones in our Walmart but that is probably because of where we live.

Back
Top Bottom