What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I could use some new brakes.. I have drums on the back and rotors on the front. Seems silly... haha. How's the 'stang doing?

The Stang is finally being fixed. It has been sitting for over half a year with the rear suspension tore apart waiting for me to be able to afford replacing. Well, time has come and then I find out that knocking noise wasn't the exhaust on my trans. It was the trans itself. If the filter and fluid doesn't fix it then it will sit even longer while I drive the truck around.

Front disc and rear drum is very common in most family sedans.

yeah, i've got a forester, and it makes sense, most of the braking is done in the front so drums in the back is passable, it just would look weird if i had painted calipers in the front and not in the back. plus my drums are getting pretty rusted out...

And anybody like me who hasn't, doesn't care :p

But, you've piqued my curiosity. What benefits does PS/2 offer?

Doesn't really matter as the keyboard uses a USB to PS2 adapter so at the end of the day it is still USB.

Doesn't really matter as the keyboard uses a USB to PS2 adapter so at the end of the day it is still USB.

I don't think so, the computer will see and treat it as a PS2 device. Though the keyboards internals are probably designed around USB if thats the case so err.. not sure how that works out.

Most major gaming tours don't allow ps/2 keyboards. MLG doesn't allow them because you have to reboot the systems so when you run around with your keyboards you'd have to restart the computers which doesn't help when you also have to set all your settings to how you want to play.

the benefit is you have full n key rollover, or the ability to press all the buttons and have them queue'd up. Mechanical USB keyboards can only queue up a certain amount, just limited to usb constraints. Plus most mechanical keyboards are USB for convenience sake so people use them.

KMan are you using cherry switches? Once you use blue's you'll never want to use anything else haha. Typing with them is sooooo nice.

Yep, but they're cherry MX Blacks. Totally linear and no sound. Its just one smooth push, no bump, no increase in force, nothing. The key press is registered about half way down too, which is weird at first, if you rest your fingers on the keys a little too heavily it registers, but that didn't take long to get used to.

I like only having barely tap a key to get a a keypress registered, I don't have to concentrate and fully push each key in. In the end it sounds pretty similar to a normal keyboard because you end up hitting the key on the steel backplate. I love this keyboard though, it's built very well. I could kill someone with this, it's damn heavy for a keyboard. You could easily knock someone out if you hit them over the head :p The keyboard would likely survive too :cool:

I don't think so, the computer will see and treat it as a PS2 device. Though the keyboards internals are probably designed around USB if thats the case so err.. not sure how that works out.

Yep, but they're cherry MX Blacks. Totally linear and no sound. Its just one smooth push, no bump, no increase in force, nothing. The key press is registered about half way down too, which is weird at first, if you rest your fingers on the keys a little too heavily it registers, but that didn't take long to get used to.

I like only having barely tap a key to get a a keypress registered, I don't have to concentrate and fully push each key in. In the end it sounds pretty similar to a normal keyboard because you end up hitting the key on the steel backplate. I love this keyboard though, it's built very well. I could kill someone with this, it's damn heavy for a keyboard. You could easily knock someone out if you hit them over the head :p The keyboard would likely survive too :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAtyQbtHHx0&context=C387adedADOEgsToPDskJCk5K8TdFRc7YRgsHDOHuq
Kmanx check this guy out Tech Tomorrow, maybe this might interest you or something similiar to it.
I never did like gaming on the keyboard, makes it feel akward and mostly full of fail when trying to chase someone down in tribes ascend, Global agenda or Battle field online free edition.

02/08/2012 23:28:00 IN TRANSIT TO KNOXVILLE, TN, US
02/08/2012 23:27:00 DEPARTURE SCAN EDISON, NJ, US
02/08/2012 16:58:00 LOCATION SCAN EDISON, NJ, US
02/08/2012 16:43:00 UNLOAD SCAN EDISON, NJ, US
02/08/2012 14:27:00 ARRIVAL SCAN EDISON, NJ, US
02/08/2012 12:18:00 DEPARTURE SCAN EDISON, NJ, US
02/08/2012 10:20:00 ORIGIN SCAN EDISON, NJ, US

Looks like I won't get my keyboard until Friday.

Looks like I won't get my keyboard until Friday.

Wow it goes a lot of places.

When you track something in this country it looks like this:

5pm: Parcel picked up
11pm: Parcel arrived at hub
6am: Parcel out for delivery

:p There is usually only 1 stop maybe 2 at most between being picked up from the warehouse and arriving at your door. But then most things I order don't travel any further than 100 miles.

With my mom's computer it was like this:

02/08/2012 10:29:00 DELIVERED[D] CLEVELAND, TN, US FRONT DOOR
02/08/2012 06:41:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY CLEVELAND, TN, US
02/08/2012 04:45:00 ARRIVAL SCAN CLEVELAND, TN, US
02/07/2012 23:50:00 DEPARTURE SCAN NASHVILLE, TN, US
02/07/2012 21:31:00 LOCATION SCAN NASHVILLE, TN, US
02/07/2012 19:38:00 ARRIVAL SCAN NASHVILLE, TN, US
02/07/2012 15:05:00 DEPARTURE SCAN MEMPHIS, TN, US
02/07/2012 00:35:00 ORIGIN SCAN MEMPHIS, TN, US
02/06/2012 23:02:53 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]

Since it came from Memphis it wasn't too bad. Memphis is about 400 miles as the crow flies, but it went north mid-state to Nashville, then back down and through Chattanooga to come back up to Cleveland. In other words, it took just over a day for it to travel 650-700 miles. That's not bad considering it had to come over Monteagle. Via Wikipedia:
Monteagle is most famous for the treacherous stretch of Interstate 24 that passes through the town. It is here that the highway passes over what is colloquially referred to as "The Monteagle" or "Monteagle Mountain", a section of the southern Cumberland Plateau which is a major landmark on the road between Chattanooga and Nashville. The interstate regularly shuts down in inclement weather, routing traffic onto U.S. Highway 41. In the Jerry Reed song "The Legend", which is the opening track in the film Smokey and the Bandit, Reed tells the story of the Bandit miraculously surviving brake failure on the "Monteagle Grade." There is also a song called "Monteagle Mountain" by Johnny Cash on the album Boom Chicka Boom.

Back
Top Bottom