What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

The Droid RAZR looks like most other android phones to me. Odd bulge where the camera is, large unsightly flaps for what are presumably connectors underneath. Large "Motorola" branding at the top, carrier branding closer to the bottom.

I eagerly await the IP5 design..

Connectors aren't a bad thing, they add a ton of functionality to the device. While the camera bulge can be odd looking it is really nice to hold, the Droid X had the same bump and I fond it extremely comfortable to hold despite it large size and weight. Also carrier branding is par for the course in the U.S. so that is hardly unusual.

As much as I like the RAZR I have no intention of getting one, my next phone will most definitely be a Galaxy Nexus unless the Galaxy Note is very cheap with a new contract on AT&T.

The connectors are great, it's the flap that covers them i dislike. It has had no thought put into it. No attempt to hide it or incorporate it into the design.

I still don't get why anyone cares this much about appearance, it's function that matters with technology. OK, sure, I wouldn't want a phone that literally looked like excrement but I can't understand how any phone can look that "bad" (I question the judgement of it's appearance, though it is subjective) that it's a dealbreaker. I'm much more concerned with what it does than how it looks while doing it.

Well nowadays they all have pretty much the same enormous feature set that worrying about functionality is less of a concern.

I still don't get why anyone cares this much about appearance, it's function that matters with technology. OK, sure, I wouldn't want a phone that literally looked like excrement but I can't understand how any phone can look that "bad" (I question the judgement of it's appearance, though it is subjective) that it's a dealbreaker. I'm much more concerned with what it does than how it looks while doing it.

Just depends on the person i guess. Most girls i know literally do not care about anything, except how it looks. Most of my male mates would like any phone that they know is atleast good (Blackberry, iPhone etc) but then just care how it looks.

I've no idea how old you are, but i would say the older you are the more you are concerned about functionality and less about design.

I am somewhere in the middle. There is no way i would get an attractive phone if it's crap inside. But then i am unlikely to particularly want a really well spec'd device if I find it plain ugly.

I've no idea how old you are, but i would say the older you are the more you are concerned about functionality and less about design.
I've noticed as I've gotten older I've started caring more about design. When I was younger I didn't care how bulky or ugly something was, if it had great functionality to back it up.

I probably care about design now more than I did since I can afford it better :p

As far as a phone goes how it looks means nothing. If I'm not using it then it's in my pocket so looks don't matter. If I'm using it then it's at my ear and looks don't matter. If I'm just going to hold it and spin it around so I can see all the sides then looks matter but I must have no life.

To me its not really the looks but the feel. I don't like the feel of a taper design in my hand. or a design with that lump..

To me its not really the looks but the feel. I don't like the feel of a taper design in my hand. or a design with that lump..

This is true, I'm definitely concerned about the ergonomics. Boy was it a change from my old smashed up Huawei "dumb" phone to my HTC Desire, the shape was completely different but it moulds well with my palm. kmanmx, I'm 22 but I probably act like I'm 60 i guess XD.

Back
Top Bottom