What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I didn't since Via hadn't started suing them at the time.
My apologies, it was meant more of an informal rather than a correction. They released the news on the 22nd I believe about how they are suing on 2 infringements and want all iPhone's, iPad's, and the rest taken off the market that are infringing on these patents.

Just bought a new steel garage door for our house, including a new opener, to replace the original wooden door.

You mean Via, since they are suing Apple and are going for the throat (retarded American public).

After reading the rest of his replies, lost cause. Let him hit rock bottom after moving out of mommy and daddy's house and he will learn fast or stay down like the rest. Not trying to be mean but this is the truth.

Reading a few posts off a forum is hardly a solid way to get to grips with someone's finances.

Lets put out a few clear facts:

1) I get my student loan in a few days. I never see the tuition loan part of it, that goes straight to the Uni, that is all paid for and done.
2) The maintainance part of the loan is £911 a term. I do get this. It is meant to pay for electricity, food, bills, accommodation.
3) However, i am living at home. I do not have to pay for electricity, food, bills, accommodation.
4) I am using this loan as a weekly income, around £50 a week. I have everything I need, it is effectively disposable income.
5) My iPhone 4 can sell for £260 minimum. To "upgrade now" on my contract costs £46. The iPhone5 will cost about £200, totalling a £246 cost, leaving me with £14 left over.
6) I already have £250 in cash after selling a few things. So effectively i will have £256.
7) Under the agreement i do certain jobs for my parents, such as wash there cars and go food shopping, I get my phone bill paid at a cost of £35 a month.
8) I will be living at home and going to university for the next 4 years. How purchasing an iPhone 5 at what is essentially a zero cost, or minimal at most, will leave me in financial ruin 4 years down the line I have no idea.
9) Here is the chart for loan repayments.

up to £15,000 no repayments
£16,000 = £7.50/mo
£21,000 = £45/mo
£25,000 = £75/mo
£30,000 = £112.50/mo
£40,000 = £187.50/mo
£50,000 = £262.50/mo
£60,000 = £337.50/mo

10) The current average salary for someone leaving university with a computing degree from my University within 6 months is £23,000. This means i will be paying back £45 a month.

So you are all definitely correct, i am going to be financially ****ed ! And this is all based on me not even having a job for 4 years, which is extremely unlikely as i already have a few lined up.

The way you talk and handle yourself about financial issues is exactly what we are referring to, not just your loan situation.

im not exactly sure what pp mguire is getting at, im not him, but what i think he is getting at is, when ur taking out loans and going to university and becoming an independent adult, it is best not to frivolously spend money. For instance im working this year and going off to university in waterloo in the fall entry of 2012, i am saving pennies for i don't have to get loans. You might want to think about do u really need something like an iphone 5 when u already have an iphone 4, which most would say is more then you need already. As well, spending money on new stuff like this while your mommy and daddy are paying your bills is a sign of not being independent. Im not attacking no one, don't take it like that, its just my thoughts.

this next bit is my opinion, not fact.

University in a way is really meant to prepare you for being an independent thinker, and being able to do well in your field. If your getting handed things, and staying home with your parents IMO your sort of wasting your time. I know you could say just because you are like this now doesn't mean you can't change when it comes right down to it. But it is a rude awakening, i was spoiled child pre secondary school. But once i got into secondary school my parents wanted me to start becoming independent so i had to pave my own road. Had to make my own decisions about my future. You may want to consider doing the same. Prepare for the unexpected, for example, whats to say you get a job after university, you never know what could happen. You should be ready to adapt to your situation, your education should also be flexible. By a flexible education i mean you should be ready for more then one specific career. After all you don't want to be living with your parents into your mid to late 20's unless absolutely necessary because people like that tend to be very dependent on others, by habit.

Just a friendly piece of advise

I'll probably be picking up a Galaxy S 2 sometime in the next few days personally; I have at least a slightly good reason which is that the Galaxy S is useless to me as a media player (mediocre 3.5mm output), and that's 70% the reason I got it.

Reading a few posts off a forum is hardly a solid way to get to grips with someone's finances.

Lets put out a few clear facts:

1) I get my student loan in a few days. I never see the tuition loan part of it, that goes straight to the Uni, that is all paid for and done.
2) The maintainance part of the loan is £911 a term. I do get this. It is meant to pay for electricity, food, bills, accommodation.
3) However, i am living at home. I do not have to pay for electricity, food, bills, accommodation.
4) I am using this loan as a weekly income, around £50 a week. I have everything I need, it is effectively disposable income.
5) My iPhone 4 can sell for £260 minimum. To "upgrade now" on my contract costs £46. The iPhone5 will cost about £200, totalling a £246 cost, leaving me with £14 left over.
6) I already have £250 in cash after selling a few things. So effectively i will have £256.
7) Under the agreement i do certain jobs for my parents, such as wash there cars and go food shopping, I get my phone bill paid at a cost of £35 a month.
8) I will be living at home and going to university for the next 4 years. How purchasing an iPhone 5 at what is essentially a zero cost, or minimal at most, will leave me in financial ruin 4 years down the line I have no idea.
9) Here is the chart for loan repayments.

up to £15,000 no repayments
£16,000 = £7.50/mo
£21,000 = £45/mo
£25,000 = £75/mo
£30,000 = £112.50/mo
£40,000 = £187.50/mo
£50,000 = £262.50/mo
£60,000 = £337.50/mo

10) The current average salary for someone leaving university with a computing degree from my University within 6 months is £23,000. This means i will be paying back £45 a month.

So you are all definitely correct, i am going to be financially ****ed ! And this is all based on me not even having a job for 4 years, which is extremely unlikely as i already have a few lined up.

What is the interest rate on that?

and if you don't pay it back its not a loan.

Back
Top Bottom