What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Again, wasn't it you complaining earlier about university fees and how you were a poor student just trying to get by? Pro tip, cancelling your contract twice in a row so you can buy the next shiny Apple product straight away AGAIN is NOT a good idea. Jus' sayin'

Lawyered. I agree 100%.

@MikeFuryuken!, nope, just as a collectors item. There's only 2500 of them and it comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by GRR Martin, the author. We don't really do Halloween down under, those that do usually get laughed at. The blade is 39" with an overall length of 50" just by the way.

Oh I see the point about halloween, wasn't really teasing about it, but yeah, I watched you gather stuff from all mighty high places around the globe. :D

Anyway, if your married I hope your wife approves of your purchases or else somebody will be sleeping in a tent for the next month.

I bought an Avanti Quantum 2.0 road bike

[/URL]Carbon fibre frame, forks, seatpost & handlebars
Mostly Shimano Ultegra 6700 components (rear cassette is a 105)
Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels

More specs:
Avanti - Quantum 2 - AvantiPlus Australia
But I didn't buy it from that store. I bought it from a place called Lawrencia Cycles, for $2100 (sticker price was $2299)

Some other bikes I was considering:
MBC Ultra R1 - they didn't have any in my size

MALVERN STAR OPPY C6 (2011) - they didn't have any in stock

Great purchase, I don't have any real use for a road bike as most of my riding is done on dirt :p.

Again, wasn't it you complaining earlier about university fees and how you were a poor student just trying to get by? Pro tip, cancelling your contract twice in a row so you can buy the next shiny Apple product straight away AGAIN is NOT a good idea. Jus' sayin'

I am a poor[er] student :p It depends how you wan't to define it. Since becoming a student i've lost a $1000 camera lens, an ipad2, and a G27 and seat, and 3ds. Basically i have less assets now. What you are perceiving is me having more money, but this is in fact because i am having to sell stuff to pay off fees. For example i sold my G27 + Seat and 3DS for £460 in total, and as i said above, this has left me about £250 in cash due to having to pay stuff. If i didn't keep selling everything i own i would be skint, absolutely.

Though i'm pretty much set to get gave a student bank account with £1500 overdraft which will be nice, and my £950 loan comes through this month which is used to pay for accomodation and electricity bills etc.. but as i'm living at home... :) good times. Ask any student and they will tell you they are poor (until it's friday and they need £100 for jagerbombs)

So at the moment i am technically poorer. By the time i properly start, i should theoretically be better off i guess, though the $600 bus pass could be a problem.

£1500 overdraft means absolutely nothing, you shouldn't buy stuff with money you don't have. That's what the US govt did, and look how that turned out ;)

£950 loan, you'll have to pay it back. Spending it is spending someone else's money, which they'll want back.

You bought your camera lens, ipad, g27, etc etc and ended up having to sell it all for a loss to pay bills in the future.

Really, no joking around here, you're not in a position to buy an ip5 when you've already got an ip4. Especially when you've signed a contract on it which will require more money to break. Debt is something you want to avoid.

Yeah, I am speaking from experience.. I used my student loans for bills, then blew the rest and now I am looking at 20k just for Community College and another 80k minimum to get my Bachelors in "Real Time Interactive Simulation"... Dude, debt sucks and I have to start paying back the second I get my Associates Degree. So WATCH OUT.

I bought 4-6 posters of Diablo 3, a 2012 Diablo 3 calendar, n a shirt from the Blizzcon store. Already recieved my first poster from Blizzcon 2010.

£1500 overdraft means absolutely nothing, you shouldn't buy stuff with money you don't have. That's what the US govt did, and look how that turned out ;)

£950 loan, you'll have to pay it back. Spending it is spending someone Else's money, which they'll want back.

You bought your camera lens, ipad, g27, etc etc and ended up having to sell it all for a loss to pay bills in the future.

Really, no joking around here, you're not in a position to buy an ip5 when you've already got an ip4. Especially when you've signed a contract on it which will require more money to break. Debt is something you want to avoid.

You practically can't live without a £1500 overdraft as a student, it's even listed as a requirement at my Uni to have a Student bank account.
I only have to pay it back once i start earning enough to afford it, if i never earn enough, i never have to pay it back.

The price to "upgrade early" is £70, my contract ends in December and costs me £35/mo but i get to upgrade normally 1 month early in November, so if i did that route i would be paying for October, and November, which comes to.. oh would you look at that, £70! It costs me no more to upgrade to the IP5, my IP4 covers the cost.

You practically can't live without a £1500 overdraft as a student, it's even listed as a requirement at my Uni to have a Student bank account.
I only have to pay it back once i start earning enough to afford it, if i never earn enough, i never have to pay it back.

The price to "upgrade early" is £70, my contract ends in December and costs me £35/mo but i get to upgrade normally 1 month early in November, so if i did that route i would be paying for October, and November, which comes to.. oh would you look at that, £70! It costs me no more to upgrade to the IP5, my IP4 covers the cost.

So you are going to pay 200 for the phone, 70 to cancel the phone then 70 more to pay for October and Novemeber.. Can you really not wait two months and save 70?

Back
Top Bottom