What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Im a watcher first, reader never.

Man i hate books with a passion. Why look at paper when i can look at a moving image in full color hundreds of times better with more information than a book could ever convey.

I've never read through an entire fiction book in my life, and never intend to either. I've tried once or twice when i was younger and got bored after about 10 pages.
I will tell you the same thing I told my daughter that got her hooked on reading:
"When you read, watch the movie in your head. That means that, as you read the words, take them and let them be your screenplay for your imagination."

Books are great because you create your own story, all the subtle details that aren't mentioned you have to fill in yourself and because of this many people (myself included) find it much easier to immerse themselves in a book than a movie. You can get picture books tho if that's what you're after :p all these *words* amirite?!

Films are great because they create characters/scenes which don't require your imagination. Things you couldn't or wouldn't ever think of, you just gotta sit back and watch.

Obviously not the two only things, but good examples of why both forms of media have their own charm.
You are right, S0UL. I have always been an avid reader and am getting back into it now that I have a Kindle. That's not to say that I don't enjoy watching movies but they come in second for me.

Bought several things:
3m 3.5mm extension cable
Long-ish fingerless thermal gloves (so's I can use my phone and still be warm)
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000, black
OPI Blue My Mind nail polish
A UV pen to mark my laptop/phone/etc.

I'm also debating getting one of these http://www.ebuyer.com/267818-kingston-datatraveler-ultimate-g2-16gb-usb-3-0-flash-drive-up-to-dtu30g2-16gb

Also, downloaded the new Black Tide album. It's balls. Really annoying singing as a result of noticeable auto-tune (and bad editing). Also a prime example of the effect of the loudness war.

I will tell you the same thing I told my daughter that got her hooked on reading:
"When you read, watch the movie in your head. That means that, as you read the words, take them and let them be your screenplay for your imagination."

I lack the mental capacity to do that, my brain does not allow it. I think of scenes, and then i carry on reading and realise my scene is now technically incorrect, so then i try to reimagine it and it ends up totally different than what i originally thought of, and it all just goes horribly wrong. Plus i get distracted, like if they're describing someone eating, i then start thinking about what i want to eat :p

^to get around the thing of imagining the wrong thing while reading. If they start describing say a rock wall, the moss growing in between it, the water dripping from the cracks, don't picture anything more then what they are saying. Picture it as a camera angle panning out. Then you see a willow tree by an oval pond with a house with a balcony beside it. Don't picture things before they happen. It will help.

I just got a new tablet as an early birthday present, a Acer Iconia Tab 10" Wifi with a Nvidia 1GHz dual core :thumbsup:

But... i'm so confused... You can get iPads that side of the pond, right ?

:thumbsup: I troll :thumbsup:

^successfully :p I read that and was like "oh no he di'nt!" then I scrolled down lol
Code:
Model                           Qu       Price each
CoolerMaster Elite 371 Mesh	 1	 59.00
MS Windows 7 PRO	         1	 148.00
Seagate 1TB SATA3 32Mb Cache	 2	 59.00
500Gb Seagate SATA3 16Mb Cache	 1	 39.00
4096Mb 4Gb DDR3 1333 Memory	 2	 39.00
Intel Core i7 2600 LGA1155 CPU	 1	 289.00
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2HB3 Z68 MB	 1	 159.00
650W CoolerMaster eXtreme ATX	 1	 80.00

Gonna be reusing some old 1600Mhz ram I had in the build, the 500Gb hdd and 1333Mhz ram are for different builds.

^successfully :p I read that and was like "oh no he di'nt!" then I scrolled down lol
Code:

Gonna be reusing some old 1600Mhz ram I had in the build, the 500Gb hdd and 1333Mhz ram are for different builds.

Nice. I'm more impressed at the code tags though, that is something i never knew, and now i'm going to spam the heck out of it.

I hate how i loose formatting in quotes.

A....table?

Code:

Isn't that a downgrade from the 980x?

Back
Top Bottom