What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

The i7 920 vs 750 has RAM differences.

But the 2500k vs 2600k is just the HT.

However, theres folks who are seeing smoother gaming from the HT cores... but for $100..... hmmmmmmm

For what I do on the PC there would be absolutely no difference in the capabilities of the RAM from both setups. The only 2 differences would be price, and heat since I OC like a mother. This was the thoughts going through my head a few years ago before I sold my AMD setup to get my i5 setup. Also, exactly what console ports use more than 2 cores? (that is supposed to be funny btw)

Pardon me from interrupting the conversation,paton why not this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115213
Yeah I know it's a on a 1156 socket platform, but if you compare that to the i7 920 1366 their is no way in **** you'll walk away unhappy, i know I wouldn't.
If I coud find someone in canada or elsewhere selling it as gently used for 170 I would make plans on snatching that thing up quickly. :D
My only gripe is with intels quadcore is the higher cpu wattage needed.

True, but I guess is what you really need for your current situation sticks to you for a reason.
I maybe on this dualcore for the time being, but I am going back with the amd hexa-core I discussed with you on FB.
One of my main reasons is actually make good use out of the cores and put it to good use and do not need to be slowed down by it like this core i3,
No hard feelings mguire but thats the way I see it for the rest of the year and next.

I see and I remember seing that post last year, I know it isn't easy to have enough funds to build something nice and can get things done for yourself is it ?
Atleast you aren't dealing with a 433mhz or p3 at 750mhz that tried to keep up with how much you were putting in gave out....

You know what though, I am going back you up with what I can give you and no paybacks required.
If your dead set on going for a sandy bridge setup even if it means you start out with one of the newer core i3's 2500k's I'll paypal you later on this week and give you 25.00.
It's up to you to pick up the first ram sticks you'll need for a build or put it away and buy your first mobo.

Don't ask why I am doing this, but I hate to see people suffer or go without and they can't at least afford something workable.

Actually when I got this PC it had a 933 Mhz in it but I got 2 of the 1.4's free from a local PC shop because he "didn't know if they worked". Turned out one of them did. And as far as the offer I will think about it. I actually found out today that I have more money saved then I thought for my build. Add in what Trotter said and I may not have to spend nearly as much as I thought I would.

I would go with the 2500K and OC it. The 2600K is not worth the extra $100+.

This is why I joined the forums. I had no idea they were so close in performance but had a $100 difference. To be honest I didn't know anything about the 2500k because I was just focused on the i7. And then I have more of an incentive to OC it.

Word. I said the same thing about the i7 920 and i5 750 and it appears I was right.

And I like that people will agree on stuff. Well most of the time... except for apple vs. anything else:wink:

I see and I remember seing that post last year, I know it isn't easy to have enough funds to build something nice and can get things done for yourself is it ?
Atleast you aren't dealing with a 433mhz or p3 at 750mhz that tried to keep up with how much you were putting in gave out....

**** just for old laughs and some old pain, I remember I scrapped up atleast 145.00 in 2007.
It wasn't much at all, but atleast it got me my first LGA775 cpu the celeron d 347 at 3.1ghz! ;)
Scraped it on by with a decent gigabyte mobo and 512mb of DDR1 2700.
I still had my p3 750mhz and I gave that to co-worker at one of my old jobs he used it for a month and sold it for less than 50.00 ? :|

You know what though, I am going back you up with what I can give you and no paybacks required.
If your dead set on going for a sandy bridge setup even if it means you start out with one of the newer core i3's 2500k's I'll paypal you later on this week and give you 25.00.
It's up to you to pick up the first ram sticks you'll need for a build or put it away and buy your first mobo.

Don't ask why I am doing this, but I hate to see people suffer or go without and they can't atleast afford something workable.

I know the pain, I used to be kicking around on TF back in 05 with a Pentium 133MMX and then a bit later my super new Pentium II 400. I eventually got a dual core Athlon X2 system that I loved dearly and then upgraded to 2 quad core machines since over time but it was hard going. I only just moved away from dialup last year!

I've bought a new guitar yesterday that I'm now waiting to ship to Australia (hopefully in one piece). I'll post up some pics once it arrives.

True, but I guess is what you really need for your current situation sticks to you for a reason.
I maybe on this dualcore for the time being, but I am going back with the amd hexa-core I discussed with you on FB.
One of my main reasons is actually make good use out of the cores and put it to good use and do not need to be slowed down by it like this core i3,
No hard feelings mguire but thats the way I see it for the rest of the year and next.
Well they aren't for everyone. I have a friend that swears up and down his Phenom 2 kicks my i5's *** and I keep telling him to share what he's smoking. I barely game anymore and if I do these days it seems to be console ports so I think even a dual core would be great for me long as my system is snappy. When I had the i3 my system was plenty snappy so meh. Only REAL reason I went back to the i5 was because of bench scores and folding/encoding. Now that I don't do any of that anymore I don't even really need a quad =/

Gigabyte GA-880GMA-USB3
AMD Athlon II X2 250
2x2gig Mushkin Silverline
Silverstone Lascala LC13-E case
Silverstone Strider 500w PSU
LG DVD/CD Burner

some cheaper car insurance
2x 6 pack of Bush tall cans

Back
Top Bottom