What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Bought an Acer P215H at a garage sale last week for $80. It is 21.5" and is Full HD. There is a very small defect on the far right side but I only see it when looking at very white/bright stuff so it isn't really a problem for me. I didn't think my GPU could even handle HD but I guess it can. I still have to have the resolution down for games to work properly though. It is very nice to have this much space especially when I edit audio tracks.

What GPU do you have?

I guess I don't have it in my sig anymore huh? But hey I like my sig now and couldn't fit my specs in with the quote. It is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128 MB.

EDIT(Because I accidently hit tab then enter): If I crank games up to Full HD it gets low FPS. Although that may be more my CPU causing that, I'm not really sure. It's a Celeron 1.4 Ghz and I have 512 MB of RAM.

:sick: you can pick up CPUs more powerful than that from the side of the road here, I'm not even kidding. Got about 4 P4 3.2Ghz cpus, a few C2Ds and many many Dual Cores.

Soul, don't murder me for what I'm about to suggest, but a celeron d 347, 352 even this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116069
Will perform alot more better than standard LGA775 p4's.
Don't know what this guy's situation is but either one of those celerons, and a good supported mobo will bring him through until he can pick up something down the road.

Yeah cache sucks for the recent celerons, but those little wolves got things done when it really counted.

:sick: you can pick up CPUs more powerful than that from the side of the road here, I'm not even kidding. Got about 4 P4 3.2Ghz cpus, a few C2Ds and many many Dual Cores.

Do you want to send me one of them? And a MB and RAM and etc.?

Don't know what this guy's situation is but either one of those celerons, and a good supported mobo will bring him through until he can pick up something down the road.

Actually my computer runs very good considering the specs it has. I like what patonb said to me in one of my first posts here. He said "Specs are just numbers... The important thing is the system works for you." It almost made me cry.:cry:

Anyways, I am planning to upgrade later this year so that's why I still have this system that I got mostly for free. That is why I haven't even gone with a low-budget build inbetween. I am planning on an i7 2600k build so it will be a HUGE step-up from my current system.

I see and I remember seing that post last year, I know it isn't easy to have enough funds to build something nice and can get things done for yourself is it ?
Atleast you aren't dealing with a 433mhz or p3 at 750mhz that tried to keep up with how much you were putting in gave out....

**** just for old laughs and some old pain, I remember I scrapped up atleast 145.00 in 2007.
It wasn't much at all, but atleast it got me my first LGA775 cpu the celeron d 347 at 3.1ghz! ;)
Scraped it on by with a decent gigabyte mobo and 512mb of DDR1 2700.
I still had my p3 750mhz and I gave that to co-worker at one of my old jobs he used it for a month and sold it for less than 50.00 ? :|

You know what though, I am going back you up with what I can give you and no paybacks required.
If your dead set on going for a sandy bridge setup even if it means you start out with one of the newer core i3's 2500k's I'll paypal you later on this week and give you 25.00.
It's up to you to pick up the first ram sticks you'll need for a build or put it away and buy your first mobo.

Don't ask why I am doing this, but I hate to see people suffer or go without and they can't atleast afford something workable.

Anyways, I am planning to upgrade later this year so that's why I still have this system that I got mostly for free. That is why I haven't even gone with a low-budget build inbetween. I am planning on an i7 2600k build so it will be a HUGE step-up from my current system.

I would go with the 2500K and OC it. The 2600K is not worth the extra $100+.

Back
Top Bottom