What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

You could get a 360 controller and RF adapter.

Yeh i use the 360 controller for windows, wired version, every single day. It's great. Some games are just betted played with a gamepad. It is taped up with electrical tape in about 15 places because it's slashed up to **** from getting stuck under my chair, pc case and generally treated like crap.

Just bought five 2200uF 100V +/- 20% caps to repair a 42" TV my cuz found on the side of the road. Opened it up, and all that seems to be wrong is 3 blown caps on the power board, replacing the whole group of five though anyway just to be safe. 42" plasma for $30? Yes please :D

Looky what arrived at work :D
Second pic should give you an indication of how thin these are
img1008pg.jpg

img1010mf.jpg

Just bought five 2200uF 100V +/- 20% caps to repair a 42" TV my cuz found on the side of the road. Opened it up, and all that seems to be wrong is 3 blown caps on the power board, replacing the whole group of five though anyway just to be safe. 42" plasma for $30? Yes please :D

Thats pretty cool. My monitor makes weird sounds that i think are to do with the capacitors, the screen flickers from dim to bright as well. No idea what to buy or what to replace them though :p

Crack it open, it's usually pretty easy to spot a blown/leaky capacitor. All the details you'll need for a replacement are on the side. Post up pics if you get lost :D

Crack it open, it's usually pretty easy to spot a blown/leaky capacitor. All the details you'll need for a replacement are on the side. Post up pics if you get lost :D

Eeyehhherghhhghhhhhh..maybe. Sounds like something that could end up worse than it was in the start, such as not working at all.

Eeyehhherghhhghhhhhh..maybe. Sounds like something that could end up worse than it was in the start, such as not working at all.

If the capacitor is all white, or has kind of greenish look over flowing on it, just take some light twizers and pull up and toss them in a bag and move it to a recycling center.
If you can do this with mobo's, LCD monitors, or those new HD Radio's that have become DOA they can be easily be brought back to life.

Just make sure the puss is off the circuit board to prevent any real damage upon starting it up again. ;)

Wait are you saying if you spot a capacitor that has leaked its innards out to just pull out the bits you can see with tweezers then try to start the machine back up again?! Or am I misreading that

Back
Top Bottom