What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Just found out I am getting my BDay present early. Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi only version. Being released Sunday 4/10 and mine will be delivered Monday. So I plan on doing a review of the Archos 70 Tablet that my wife has and this one as well. I also plan on possibly doing a comparison between the 2.

Just found out I am getting my BDay present early. Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi only version. Being released Sunday 4/10 and mine will be delivered Monday. So I plan on doing a review of the Archos 70 Tablet that my wife has and this one as well. I also plan on possibly doing a comparison between the 2.

Nice :) Personally, I'm going to wait for the 10.1" version, since the Tab is just a blown-up version of my Galaxy S. Looking forward to the review, though.

If I were to get one it would probably the WiFi rather than 3G version, I can always tether it to my phone.

I dont want the 10" version though. At that point i might as well tote around a netbook and do everything instead of just getting something that i can use around when i want. Yeah it is only 3" bigger than the Captivate that i owned. But at the same time it allows me to do a bit more than my phone did and i dont have to worry about killing my phone battery while at work when just messing around.

Having already used a 7" tablet i can say that it is the right size for me. It just seems to big. Having messed with an iPad it just felt wrong. At least i can hold this in one hand while i use my other to do what i want. I can landscape it and be able to type properly without having to put it down on a surface. I can still hold it in my hands and type. For me, it is nothing but bonus to have the 7" and the price was right.

^ya you can not hold the ipad and type with it. Like you can press ****, but to type what so ever you have to set it down. if it was lighter it would be nice, but that would ramp up costs, so guess i cant really complain to much.

I bought a couple cans of Great Stuff to seal off the areas around my window units in a cheap way. Realized how much hot air was coming in during the day because of wind just going through the duct tape.

I dont want the 10" version though. At that point i might as well tote around a netbook and do everything instead of just getting something that i can use around when i want. Yeah it is only 3" bigger than the Captivate that i owned. But at the same time it allows me to do a bit more than my phone did and i dont have to worry about killing my phone battery while at work when just messing around.

Having already used a 7" tablet i can say that it is the right size for me. It just seems to big. Having messed with an iPad it just felt wrong. At least i can hold this in one hand while i use my other to do what i want. I can landscape it and be able to type properly without having to put it down on a surface. I can still hold it in my hands and type. For me, it is nothing but bonus to have the 7" and the price was right.

Fair enough, to each his own :) Admittedly I haven't used either the 7" or the 10", so I may find out that I actually prefer the smaller version.

Dropped almost 1500 bucks on a new bed set yesterday...finally going to have a real bed. Holy crap. Queen sized mattress, box spring, frame, 2 awesome latex foam pillows, this waterproof cover thing that helps protect the warranty, and delivery to my new apartment (which is on the 3rd floor). They deliver, set it up, and even clean up the trash. Totally worth the extra 100 bucks or so, lmao.

Also, 1500 financed at 0% for 12 months, mwahaha. So even more worth it.

Now I just got to work on getting my new desk...

Dropped almost 1500 bucks on a new bed set yesterday...finally going to have a real bed. Holy crap. Queen sized mattress, box spring, frame, 2 awesome latex foam pillows, this waterproof cover thing that helps protect the warranty, and delivery to my new apartment (which is on the 3rd floor). They deliver, set it up, and even clean up the trash. Totally worth the extra 100 bucks or so, lmao.

Also, 1500 financed at 0% for 12 months, mwahaha. So even more worth it.

Now I just got to work on getting my new desk...

Did almost the same thing a week ago. King size Sealy set (got it for less than half price... you would think my wife's maiden name was Rosenstein or something), mattress cover, and delivery. I promised the guy that I would not tell what we gave for it but I will say that when you walk in at the end of a store's fiscal month you can get killer deals just so they can get it out of their warehouse. ;)

Back
Top Bottom