What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Mine was free on a 2-year £20 /mo contract (so, $35-40)

This...

Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX90G 3.5" 90GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Figures... the price drops $15 bucks 2 days after I get it. Runs pretty quick tho :big_smile:

$165 w/$20 rebate card? man, I wish I knew my wife wouldn't kill me if I pulled that trigger... I do have a birthday coming up, but I am thinking I will see about getting another monitor like the one I currently have so I can go back to dual screens (gave my 19" NEC to my MiL when her monitor died).

What size are you ? I am lucky i'm size 11UK and that is right at the limit at what sizes are commonly stocked. Size 12 and 13 starts getting difficult

Well, it depends on the company that makes the shoe I've noticed. If it's certain types of sketchers, Etnies, and this one pair of Dr Scholl's I have (nearly worn completely out) I can fit into a 14 (US of course), but most of the time I need a 15 or 16.

I think I'm size 11 US too. I'm wearing imported SWYD shoes atm :p oh yeah, I'm rich like that.

Just bought a Butter Chicken lunch thing, a coke and I'm checking bank balances now to see if I can afford a couple new SSDs :D

edit: woot, payday tomorrow. So yes! Time to find me some arse kicking SSDs

I think I'm size 11 US too. I'm wearing imported SWYD shoes atm :p oh yeah, I'm rich like that.

Just bought a Butter Chicken lunch thing, a coke and I'm checking bank balances now to see if I can afford a couple new SSDs :D

edit: woot, payday tomorrow. So yes! Time to find me some arse kicking SSDs

Want to GIVE me the old ones?

I'll make you a deal. If you get a pack of chewing gum then chew each piece and take it out and stick it in your hair, and take a pic, I'll knock $50 bucks off the price :D

^lol, i really want to see that. Please do that steve, if for nothing else, do it for my entertainment.

$165 w/$20 rebate card? man, I wish I knew my wife wouldn't kill me if I pulled that trigger... I do have a birthday coming up, but I am thinking I will see about getting another monitor like the one I currently have so I can go back to dual screens (gave my 19" NEC to my MiL when her monitor died).

Luckily for me I'm single again :smile: Better to have love and lost, then to have lived with the psycho for the rest of your life... So my money is my money now.

I got the OCZ and this one. I did a RAID 0 with both of them. I love tax refunds :big_grin: I used coupons too, so it knocked the price down more for both of them. I think total I paid $260.

Both of my SSD's made a huge improvement to my over all performance. Boot time is like 12 seconds now. Applications open in a split second. Even SC2 opened in about 3 seconds. If you think about it, if your HDD is taking time to find the files, it doesn't matter how new or fast your other components are, it will be held back by the seek time on your HDD. The SSD was the best improvement to PC performance in the last 10-15 years IMO. It will be the new standard once it becomes common place and the price comes down.

Back
Top Bottom