What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

you coulda just bought some rubbing alcohol for like $2, that would've worked good.

Well, I wanted to clean the CPU better and faster. So far its working no better than rubbing alcohol, oh well, we live and we learn.

NICE! Let me know how that board goes, I'm in the market for my next PC and while I'd love to buy the new Crosshair, it's reeeaaalllyyy hard to justify the cost.

Now your sig will read "AMD + AMD: The way it's meant to be played"? :p

Do i buy a used but manufacturer refurbished Optoma HD65 at £345 or a new Optoma HD600X for £410.
For those of you that care the be helpful the specifications are easily available with a few clicks on google :grin:

Do i buy a used but manufacturer refurbished Optoma HD65 at £345 or a new Optoma HD600X for £410.
For those of you that care the be helpful the specifications are easily available with a few clicks on google :grin:

I've got the Optoma HD66, it's pretty **** good :)
I haven't tested it's 3D capabilities yet (waiting on a store here to stock 3Dvision with more than one pair of glasses), but playback is smooth for normal content and it looks great!

I do hope you at least went with the combo on that CPU and mobo... Oh, and I love the RAM so far.

Bet a few people didn't expect that.:p

I had been having some annoying stability issues and since my E2180 wasn't cutting it in BF:BC2 it seemed like the right time to upgrade.

BF:BC2 does love the quads. I've only got to play once since I got mine, though.

I've got the Optoma HD66, it's pretty **** good :)
I haven't tested it's 3D capabilities yet (waiting on a store here to stock 3Dvision with more than one pair of glasses), but playback is smooth for normal content and it looks great!

Nice. What are you projecting on to ? I can't afford a screen so was going to to paint my wall a light grey to project onto.
I was looking at the HD66 but decided it would be too bright for my setup.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of those projectors are on nvidia supported list so it could be problematic. I'm not to fussed though, I bought it for my PS3 games and Blu rays.

^ yeah they are. 3D Vision Requirements
And there's a setting on the HD66 to lower the brightness, like an 'eco mode' or something.
I bought a fixed size screen for mine, white. Works just fine. By getting that + the projector I got a free bulb and ceiling mount included :D

edit: oh wait, you mean the HD65 and 600X. yeah, they don't appear to be there :p

Back
Top Bottom