What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

^I KNOW AYE!! A couple of Americans came over here, stayed at our house for a while. Everything was always 'amaaaaazing' lol

Couldn't you just buy some quality burgers from the supermarket though ? Cheaper and you don't have to move out the house :p

Not sure about the US but most good british supermarket stores do high quality aberdeen angus beef burgers that taste a heck of a lot better than what you get at a fast food place and rivals 95percent of restaurant burgers.

Anyhow latest purchase, ipad dock connector. Pretty much got all the accessories i want for it in advanced of when i get my iPad next monday so its all good in that front. I also got £5 off, i dropped the box when i got it off the shelf at the apple store at PCWorld, went to the checkout where an american guy was serving (first american i have ever seen in the UK..) and gave me £5 off because the box was damaged. Man you lot are an enthusiastic bunch, or maybe it was just him. It almost made me cringe with how happy and enthusiastic he was :omg:

MC360

Angus burgers over here would cost about 8 bucks for a box of like 4 at Walmart. Not to mention the cost of lettuce, tomatoes, buns, ketchup, mustard, and whatever else you might want ON the burger.

I can go to a burger joint and spend like 2 bucks to get one with all that stuff on it. Besides, every time i cook a burger i always screw it up.

When you live in the city and things are easily accessible it takes nothing to walk a block down the road and grab a quick bite to eat. Not to mention on the way back your burning off calories that you just put on. I have a McDonalds, Burger King, Walmart with McDonalds, Jack In The Box, Subway, Outback, Applebees, Whataburger, 3 gas stations, and a few actual restaurants within a 2 block radius of my place.

Speaking of which, i just bought a 1.25 Tostinos pizza.

PP Mguire said:
Angus burgers over here would cost about 8 bucks for a box of like 4 at Walmart. Not to mention the cost of lettuce, tomatoes, buns, ketchup, mustard, and whatever else you might want ON the burger.

I can go to a burger joint and spend like 2 bucks to get one with all that stuff on it. Besides, every time i cook a burger i always screw it up.

When you live in the city and things are easily accessible it takes nothing to walk a block down the road and grab a quick bite to eat. Not to mention on the way back your burning off calories that you just put on. I have a McDonalds, Burger King, Walmart with McDonalds, Jack In The Box, Subway, Outback, Applebees, Whataburger, 3 gas stations, and a few actual restaurants within a 2 block radius of my place.

Exactly. Premium beef costs more than a burger does, plus all the rest AND you have to cook it. now, my wife makes some awesome burgers and all, but I still like grabbing a good one now and then.

I used to be in town, but now I am out in the country. I have a Hardee's about 3-4 miles away and a McDonald's across from it. I have a Sonic and a Subway about 5 miles away, and then you start into town and there's all kinds of places.

I usually buy Tony's instead of Totino's. $1.96 at Walmart.
======================================

What I bought today:

215969269.jpg

Buy.com - Kingston 8GB DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 (G2) USB Flash Drive (Red)
$12.95 w/free shipping

Me and my gf have no job so the cheapest is what we have to do. Ive been living off of PBJ and shes been living off of Ramen until we can score some jobs.

Trotter, do you have a Five Guys in you area? They are about the best burgers I have had at a restaurant. They are a bit more expensive than some fast food places but the standard hamburgers are doubles so it's a better deal than it initially seems. The fries are also served in much larger portions than normal, a single order is usually plenty for two people.

Their hot dogs are supposed to be great too but I've never been able to bring myself to pass up a burger and try one.

Speaking of which, i just bought a 1.25 Tostinos pizza.

Well i don't like all that lettuce and stuff, just the burger and cheese :) and a bun ofcourse.

Just checked and my favorite supermarket does "Tesco Finest Aberdeen Angus Beef" burgers, 8 for $4.60, the cheapest "Tesco Value" branded ones are 12 burgers for $1.17. so perhaps beef is like the only thing to ever be cheaper here than in the US :omg: to cook them i just spray some sunflower oil on the lean mean fat grilling machine, pop them in for 10 minutes and they're cooked. And too melt the cheese without it sticking to the grill, i put the cheese on the burgers and put a toasting bag over the top which resists super hot temperatures yet conducts well and is grease proof, so it's totally mess free too.

And wow how many fast food places are there in the US o_O the only ones i can think of are McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Littlechef and Subway. But Littlechef is only on the side of motorways and Subway is pretty rare. Not many burger kings either, there are ofcourse the occasional one off fast food places but those are the only chain stores i can think of.

And wow how many fast food places are there in the US o_O the only ones i can think of are McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Littlechef and Subway. But Littlechef is only on the side of motorways and Subway is pretty rare. Not many burger kings either.

There are a lot:

McDonalds
Burger King
Hardee's
Wendys
Rallys
Dairy Queen
Subway
Quiznos
Blimpys
Raising Cane's
Taco Bell
KFC
Arbys's
A&W/ Long John Silvers
Captain D's
Chick-fil-A
Culvers
Fazoli's
Jack In the Box

Semi Fast Food/ Nicer fast food
Chipotle
Quidoba
Moe's
Five Guys
Panera

Those are all pretty major chains although you won't necessarily have all of them everywhere. Although I live in a moderate sized city and we have at least one of everything on those lists with the exception of Jack In The Box

Puddle Jumper said:
Trotter, do you have a Five Guys in you area? They are about the best burgers I have had at a restaurant. They are a bit more expensive than some fast food places but the standard hamburgers are doubles so it's a better deal than it initially seems. The fries are also served in much larger portions than normal, a single order is usually plenty for two people.

Their hot dogs are supposed to be great too but I've never been able to bring myself to pass up a burger and try one.
Yeah, we have one. I haven't been to it, but I have been to one in Chattanooga... it's where I met up with ComatoseClown one day for lunch. yes, I have no problem meeting members in real life if they are in my area. In fact, I would love to meet more of you all if I had the chance. It's fun to be able to put a voice and face with the name.

The fast food places around here are:
Hardee's
Wendy's
Burger King
Captain D's (fish and seafood)
Taco Bell
Fazoli's (Italian)
Subway
Quizno's
Sonic
Krystal's
KFC
Arby's (roast beef)
Chik-Fil-A
McDonald's
Checker's (same thing as Rally's)
Zaxby's (buffalo wings and chicken fingers)
Mrs. Winner's (fried chicken)
Domino's
Papa John's
Central Park
The Chef (local burger joint)
A&W (no Long John's, though :()
Dairy Queen
Stevie B's (pizza buffet)
CiCi's Pizza (pizza buffet)
Steak N Shake
Five Guys Burgers and Fries
Panera
Marco's (pizza)

I won't go into the sit down type restaurants around here. Needless to say that we all like to eat around here. :D

kmanx said:
Just checked and my favorite supermarket does "Tesco Finest Aberdeen Angus Beef" burgers, 8 for $4.60, the cheapest "Tesco Value" branded ones are 12 burgers for $1.17. so perhaps beef is like the only thing to ever be cheaper here than in the US
Apparently. Even cheap hamburger (73% lean) is $1.99 pound around here. The good stuff (93% lean) run around $3 a pound. Black Angus is close to $5 a pound.

Eh Sonic is bleh. Their crap gets old realllly fast. Not only that but you can get better stuff elsewhere.

Here we have a place called Taco Casa. This place makes Taco Bell and Bueno look like a piece of junk store.

Back
Top Bottom