What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I really don't know much about saltwater, I have never had the patience to set one up, but I know if you can pull it off with living rocks or corals they can be truly beautiful,
Not to mention, my understanding is that saltwater is a whole new ballgame lol. I probably won't even attempt one until after college given that I am gone for extended periods of time.

Oh, and about my last two posts regarding the "Self Sustaining" part, please know that I do use this term loosely, while I only need water changes every 3-5 weeks they are usually 40% or so, and that includes wall scrubs, gravel vacuums, treatment chemicals, and constant "Fish Size Control" (Which I have stopped with this latest batch).

In other words, the "Self Sustaining" is for the 5 weeks up until I have to do it all again. Just want to make that clear lol.

Also, please take any advise I give with a grain of salt, because everything I have said is what I am personally doing, or what somebody else (in regards to the fish recommendations) is doing, That means they may not be the best way of doing it. IE: I know a few people who are really into aquariums that want to punch me in the face when I claim I can safely go over a month without a water change lol.

In other words, don't make decisions based totally on what I say, make sure you find a second opinion or at least do some digging yourself as well lol. (Please note also, my experience is with tanks 50 gallons and under, and have not attempted a 75, let alone a 100 gallon tank like what you have, I know some different rules apply when you are talking tanks that size.

IE: I would never do two red-tailed sharks in a 30 (or even 50) gallon, but a 100 is big enough you probably could without them trying to kill eachother over territory lol

Thanks for all the info Fox.

The only thing I do for water quality is just a water change. That's about it. And the only chemical I use is tap water conditioner. I read that it's best to use as least chemicals as possible in the water.

Saltwater is something I would definitely get into because it can look so much better than a freshwater setup. And yes, it is a different ballgame. It's like upgrading to higher performance. Whenever I have the money to set one up, I'd go for it. And I'll be sure to talk to Osiris about that.

How long have you been an aquarium owner? I just started a few months ago.

That is a tough question, I have been an "aquarium owner" on and off for the last 5 years, however I have only really been into it for the last year or so.

Also, again, you are correct, the fewer chemicals is usually the safest idea, but again, I need to stretch the water changes given I leave alot for long periods of time lol (usually a month or more at a stretch and its over a 14 hour drive away lol, not conducive to frequent visits)

I used to have a few 10g tanks but my parents ****ty water always wound up killing my fish. It was cool at first but after a while it got to be a pain.

Im bout to buy off of Newegg a crap ton of parts on somebody elses credit card.

Dont fret, its a client lol.

can of hamered black tremclad spray. I wanted to get a can of white, but they didn't have any, what the heck is with that? lol

as well as moders mech (12' x 12')
4 case feet
cable sleeves
vandal resistant power switch
and 12ft of u channel

Anyone know if you can walk into a chemist store and buy Copper Sulfate?
That's basically what PT nuke is. Kills microbes in your watercooling loop.

*edit*
I think Copper Nitrate or Iodine also work.

Re: Haper is falling to the darkside again. Last year iPhones, now iPads.

After months and months of bashing the iPad on TF, today I finally purchased one.

iPad 64Gb / WiFi. I am not bothering with the 3G model as my phone company makes enough from me as is on my mobile. And there is enough hot spots around town.

BTW, here pics as it did happen....

Attachments

• Yes I have an iPad.jpg
    Yes I have an iPad.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom