What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

^that's called turning down someones opinion lol, but anyway...
If it's their opinion that they don't like my headphones, then it's not me turning down their opinion. It's them turning down mine.
If they want to do that, I don't care. What kind of a friend would they be if they did that, anyway?
nope its pretty much standard anywhere in north America . For instance, im not going to walk down the street with my siberia headset on.
And I'm not in North America. Here people tend to be more laid back.
It's just an arbitrary standard to pass judgement on something like this.
I ideology of them being sociably smart is ideology.
I don't have an ideology of them being socially anything. they're just headphones.

People, $265 for headphones really isn't that much. And whoever it was said "just for an mp3 player", mp3 players can sound very good. They nearly always need a headphone amp to sound there best but the headphones Apok chose are only 44ohms so it should be okay.

And yes, the Sanza Mp3 players are renowned for decent audio quality. Sanza/iPod/Zune are about the best of the bunch and can even be used as the primary source for higher end hi-fi systems if you really want.

Not quite sure i would of gone with Shure, they make good ear buds but headphones i've not heard too much about them.

I would prefer headphones over earbuds any day, no matter what people thought. I am more for smaller sets myself as I hate any kind of weight on my head. Earbuds just annoy me.

Trotter, that doesn't make much sense to me :confused:. The weight of a cable from headphones is much heavier than that of earbuds, and good earbuds with the right size inserts are practically unnoticeable if the cord is placed over the ears ;) Alot of people make the mistake of just shoving them straight in the ears, this leaves them pulling on the inside of your ear and they easily fall out and a good seal is very hard to achieve.

Trotter was saying that he doesn't like the larger headsets because of the weight on his head, earbuds annoy him for a different (unspecified) reason. Basically it sounds like trotter wears a pair of light headphones.

EDIT: My sansa e280 is probably due for replacement soonish. If the new sansas sound as good or better then they are definitely strong contenders.

^that's called turning down someones opinion lol, but anyway...
nope its pretty much standard anywhere in north America . For instance, im not going to walk down the street with my siberia headset on, main reason being, no one does that because you will not have any friends.

I wanna play in the exciting discussion pool too!

Not quite as big, or nearly as high end, but I walk around town with a pair of Sony MDR-V6's, and I live in America, not uncommon at all to see people walking around with big headphones / headsets (At least where I am from in Michigan and where I go to school in Virginia). I also have friends, so that would tend to contradict that 1. No one does it, and 2. those that do it have no friends :D.

Yay heated discussions about social norms!

BTW, I just bought a Printer! - brother HL-2140 (Well technically, this is my second printer of this same model, really liked the one I leave at home lol)

BrotherHL-2140-large.jpg

No more expensive ink wasted on school projects for me!

And, back off topic again, Look at how stylin this baby is, how could it not have friends!?!?
big-headphones-baby.jpg

And they are AKG501's. could definitely be worse for somebody that age (Shame the bass (impact) sucks on em though).

Nobody around me says anything or complains about people wearing large headphones. If friends thought large headphones that i thought where comfortable are stupid, or want to not be my friend over it then they are obviously extremely childish and wont be my friend anyways. I wouldnt hang around people like that.

I wanna play in the drama pool too!

Not quite as big, or nearly as high end, but I walk around town with a pair of Sony MDR-V6's, and I live in America, not uncommon at all to see people walking around with big headphones (At least where I am from in Michigan and where I go to school in Virginia). I also have friends, so that would tend to contradict that 1. No one does it, and 2. those that do do it do not have friends .

Yay heated discussions about social norms!

BTW, I just bought a Printer! - brother HL-2140

No more expensive ink wasted on school projects for me!

i have never seen a single person with headphones like that walk around with them for an mp3 player. I never said the friends you had would stop being your friend because of it, i meant your not going to walk into a bar, or restaurant, etc with anyone and expect it to go anywhere. Anyway, go ahead wear the large headphones lol,

I walk around with a 1st gen discman and those headphones that go around your head like you are wearing sunglasses 180 degrees the wrong way. I also have very baggy pants and a fohawk. And said fohawk is dyed green. And most of my shirts have this on it:
DX_SUCK_IT__ID_by_D_Generation_X.jpg

Guess how many friends I have?

You sound allot like my cousin, that said, amount of friends you have could go either way really, If you lived in Downtown GR or Detroit, I would say you are rather popular, if you like in East Grand Rapids or Rockford, you would probably be a loner, though not really all that out of place lol.

i have never seen a single person with headphones like that walk around with them for an mp3 player. I never said the friends you had would stop being your friend because of it, i meant your not going to walk into a bar, or restaurant, etc with anyone and expect it to go anywhere. Anyway, go ahead wear the large headphones lol,

One time i was at a gas station with some friends a while back (quite a few years) and this black guy with these huge headphones (Like the post above) walked into the lot. He was just mindlessly walking around and you could clearly see the cord not plugged into anything. Naturally we where all staring at him. He then proceeded to walk towards us yelling what are you lookin at? We started laughing and then he fell to the ground. Crack head was way outa there and it made us lol hard.

You sound allot like my cousin, that said, amount of friends you have could go either way really, If you lived in Downtown GR or Detroit, I would say you are rather popular, if you like in East Grand Rapids or Rockford, you would probably be a loner, though not really all that out of place lol.

I would have 0:p Glad I was making a joke :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom