What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

^i don't see how that is a problem, but it might get annoying after a while.
It's a serious problem if you like to game, and you need the mouse to be responsive all the time.

Leave the mouse for a short time, and it goes into sleep mode. When you need to do something quickly, you can't; you have to wait for the mouse to become responsive first.
In an fps game, a seconds delay in mouse responsiveness will just get you owned.

I'm hoping a firmware update will fix that. It's the only real issue I have with it.

You'd think there'd be firmware released for that.

edit: apparently not.
reduced 'deep sleep' upgrade is all I can find atm.

1.06 is the newest firmware that doesn't include any acceleration (I don't want mouse acceleration), but it's more jittery than 1.08
1.08 is better in terms of responsiveness coming out of sleep, but it's still not what it should be.

1.2010 Nintendo wii 175.00 brand new.
2Sansui 22inch flat screen LCD HDTV 168.00 with tax and 3 year warranty.
3.Asus mini netbook which I am fixing up as I typed this.
4.Bought my mother a samsung 700.00 stove it will be arriving at lowes within a week.
5.Last a kenmore window air unit, my ceiling fan just died and I am very hot and aggrevated right now so I this cost me 95.00 with free shipping.

It's a serious problem if you like to game, and you need the mouse to be responsive all the time.

Leave the mouse for a short time, and it goes into sleep mode. When you need to do something quickly, you can't; you have to wait for the mouse to become responsive first.
In an fps game, a seconds delay in mouse responsiveness will just get you owned.

I'm hoping a firmware update will fix that. It's the only real issue I have with it.

yeah but in an fps game your mouse should be moving all the time. If it is not then you are camping, and then you deserve to have your mouse go to sleep on you lol.

yeah but in an fps game your mouse should be moving all the time. If it is not then you are camping, and then you deserve to have your mouse go to sleep on you lol.
There's only two rules in an FPS game: what you can do, and what you can't.

If you don't like getting killed by campers, then you need to adjust your strategies/tactics to beat them. And that's what good players do.

Also, unless there's a specific reason to camp on a particular occasion (and there are; protecting a bombsite, guarding hostages, ambushing a person you know is coming), it's probably just a waste of time. And in fact can cause you to lose the mission because you didn't do anything to win. Or it can even make you predictable and vulnerable.

Really, the person roaming also should be trying to avoid detection himself, and that would make it hard for campers.

Back
Top Bottom