What You've Just Bought!

Re: Tech-forums Official What You've just Bought thread!

Oh a computer mouse, I thought you were talking about an animal mouse. I had no idea what you were trying to say haha.

lol that snake is a Death Adder :p

and I missed it when the death adder went from 1800 max dpi to 3500

I have of the 1800dpi models. Wish it was 3500...

Got it for free though, so I'm not complaining :D

^ I want that, it goes with my case much more then my xigmatek rifle, but i don't really want to spend any money on this computer just before i build a new one.

Just splurged on an SSD. Haven't even put on OS on it yet, but did run a benchmark.

as-ssd-bench%20INTEL%20SS%20DSA2M08%2011-5-2009.jpg

They're kinda a PITA honestly. They don't work at all like a mechanical drives. I don't have a mobo with AHCI support (yet), so "TRIM" features have to be done manually. If you want the drive to work "like new" then you pretty much have to get TRIM to work or do garbage collection. Once I start getting some real world use out of it I'll let you guys know how it is.

I'm glad I waited for the Intel drive though instead of going with an Indilinx. Don't get me wrong...Indi drives are still awesome, but the Intel drives kill them in random writes. Those numbers you see will go up on the 4K-64Thrd with AHCI enabled too.

I'm looking at the Asus Rampage Formula motherboard. I'll get better support for this memory I have, better voltage control, and also get AHCI...but I'll lose SLI. That's fine as SLI is a PITA too, so w/e...no big deal. I'll just use one card for graphics the other for PhysX. What do you guys think? I could go i7, but that's another $600-700 that I don't want to spend right now and this CPU is plenty for a while.

Back
Top Bottom