What is your household's power consumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meithan

Daemon Poster
I was just checking the electricity bill and I noticed that we consume a heck lot of power!

Average daily consumption: 14.87 kWh

We have 3 computers running most of the day and 2 TVs, one large and one small. I wonder how much comes from my PC, which is on 24/7 :).

Just curious: what are your own power consumptions?

I dunno. I never worry about it.

Electricity is pretty cheap here. We run two window air conditioners 24/7, plus appliances (stove, fridge, washer, dryer, hot water heater), my comp 24/7, and my wife about half of that. Utility bill runs about 120-130 (includes water, sewer, garbage pick-up).

Our electricity bill alone runs about that! Last bill (which I have here) is $2671 mexican pesos, which is about US$243. That's for two months.

Ouch!

Makes me glad I live in the Tennesse Valley, home of TVA.

mine is an average of 11.35 units (KWh) daily consumption

July = $179
August = $250
September = $184

Those were my last 3 bills. Looking back 3 months before that, the average bill was in the $60-$90 range. The reason those three bills are high is because were i live they are the hottest months of the year and i've got the central air on 24/7. As for general electricity usage, i'm very anal about turning things off that i'm not using. My father cursed me when i was young that, "One day when I was paying my own bills i'll find out how much electricity costs and i'll turn off electrical devices when i'm not using them." He was so right.

My PC's when i'm not using them get put on stand-by.

Ah. 11 kWh is not that far from our consumption. This is a big house, two floors, 4 bedrooms + studio (which we made into a fifth bedroom). No air conditioning tho. We get 80-95ºF in the summer. Fortunately our house is built in such a way that it's always very cool.

I have bill averaging here and my electric is $54 a month. Like Trotter said, thank GOD for TVA. My cable/internet bill is almost $90. Seems backward to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom